A gaming chair is a big challenge for many customers – including those in the gaming community. After all, it may seem ridiculous to spend a few hundred dollars on a chair dedicated to gaming, but it’s not as absurd as it looks at first glance. A good gaming chair can do a lot more than just play, and you can find some pretty solid models for an affordable price.
This is where we concentrate our attention today. We selected 10 potential competitors for the best budget gaming chair models of 2020 and ensured that you get a detailed list of the technical data. We’ll also help you understand what makes the best affordable gaming chair and what you should avoid when shopping.
10 best budget gaming chairs
1. Homall ergonomic play chair with high backrest
The basis for game chairs
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
For many, Homall is the standard for the design of gaming chairs. The race car style design is not significantly different from most gaming chairs on the market, but has been combined with a very high density foam to provide a level of comfort regardless of where you are in PU leather means that this chair is good on your skin and effectively wicks away sweat or spilled material.
While this can be called a gaming chair, it is actually useful for a lot more than that. Whether you want to work, watch TV, or take a nap, you can rely on the tilt lock mechanism, which can move from an upright sitting position to a full 180 degree tilt. The chair itself stands on a five-star base with reliable castors that offer you full mobility with practically any service.
- Comes with headrest pillows and lumbar support pillows
- Tested for a thousand miles
- One-button rocker function
- Supported by a one-year parts guarantee
- Can be a little difficult to put together
Tilt adjustment90 to 180 degrees Height adjustment17.3 – 21.5 inches Weight capacity300 lbs. Seat width19.8 inches Seat depth20.5 inches • back height33.1 inches
2. DXRacer racing series OH / RW106 / NE gaming chair
Quality components, quality design
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
DXRacer is aware that customers who invest in a gaming chair do not have to replace it as quickly. With this in mind, they only packed high-quality components when designing their gaming chair. The class 4 gas lift is robust and certified, and the durability of the steel frame can withstand almost anything. The combination of PU leather and mesh makes you feel comfortable while playing without overheating.
Elsewhere, DXRacer has chosen a smarter design to give its customers what they want. The backrest is positioned particularly high to provide a better feeling for ergonomics and safety. Then there are the straight 3D armrests that can be adjusted to your preferred playing position. This is a rarer feature found in a cheap gaming chair that can be a success or failure for many buyers.
- High quality materials all along the line
- Comes with headrest and lumbar support pillow
- Constructed from an extra thick chassis
- Supported by a lifetime guarantee
- Pillows can be a bit stiff at first
Tilt adjustment90 to 135 degrees Height adjustment18.1 to 22 inches Weight capacity200 lbs. Seat width17.7 inches Seat depth19 inches Back height29.5 inches
3. Furmax office chair desk leather play chair
For the ultra budget gamer
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
Even the best affordable gaming chairs usually cost over a hundred dollars, but that’s not the case with this Furmax model. The low retail price of this gaming chair is reflected in its design. It’s a bit boring to be honest, but it offers the same ergonomics you’ll find in any racing-style gaming chair, and its more subdued black design makes it one of the best options for a gaming chair that can also serve as an office chair .
And while this may not be the most feature-rich gaming chair on the market, it does offer some advantages that add to its value. A rocking function helps relax between long game sessions, and the height has a reasonable adjustment range – a function best used by people who regularly switch between their favorite TV consoles and a monitor-based PC gaming rig.
- Available for an enormous deal
- Above average weight capacity
- Not specified enoug
h to work in the office
- Smooth adjustment of the pneumatic seat height
- Very worn functionality
Tilt adjustmentYes, marginally Height adjustment15.2 to 18.3 inches Weight capacity280 lbs. Seat width19.8 inches Seat depth19.8 inches Back height26.5 inches
4. RESPAWN-900 racing style recliner
An entertainment first console chair
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
At first glance, the Respawn-900 looks like a barber chair from the next century, but this design sensibility serves one of the best PC gaming chair models in terms of features. The most obvious benefit is the pull-out footrest that allows you to sit back more naturally. It’s a more than generous consolation prize for this gaming chair’s inability to tilt a full 180 degrees. This gaming chair also ensures that everything you need is within reach. A cup holder and a practical side pocket cover all the basics.
Then there is the ergonomics of the chair itself. The segmented upholstery offers a distinctive shape that offers targeted and contoured comfort to every part of your back. This is a great gaming chair in general, but it’s particularly exceptional for console games, especially because it doesn’t even have the wheel option.
- Fully connected footrest
- Side pocket and cup holder
- Segmented and structured leather surface
- Supported by a limited lifetime guarantee
- Does not offer an option with wheels
Tilt adjustment90 – 135 degrees Height adjustment17.25 inches (stationary) Weight capacity275 lbs. Seat width18.9 inches Seat depth22.4 inches Back heightNot revealed
5. GTRACING Ergonomic play chair
Golden on the basics
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
GTRacing isn’t afraid to get bright and bold with the designs of their gaming chairs, but they have solid technology to underpin all that noise. High-quality materials reflect the gaming chair, which was also built at this low price for the high demands of competitive players. The PU leather feels pleasant and repels moisture very well.
In fact, these guys are professionals when it comes to serving professionals. The features that can give you the best gaming experience are prioritized and frivolous features are marginalized. The recliner range is solid, if not the best in the business, and it also includes a swing function. This is probably not the gaming chair you want to park in front of your TV and Playstation, but it is there when you need it for more serious gaming on the monitor.
- Can hold 300 pounds of weight
- The pillows are completely removable
- Fully adjustable armrests
- Comes in seven different colors
- Armrests are very sensitive to strength
Tilt adjustment90 – 170 degrees Height adjustment48.8-52 inches Weight capacity300 lbs. Seat width19.7 inches Seat depth16 inches Back heightNot revealed
6. BestOffice Ergonomic PC Gaming Chair 7
Perfect for the play room or the office
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
The design of the BestOffice gaming chair has something sensible and almost stately. It combines factual sensitivity with the contours and patterns of a gaming chair, and although the results are a bit odd aesthetically, this gaming chair works like a dream, and on a budget. All components manufactured here are manufactured using BIFIMA-certified processes – a decision that guarantees a higher level of durability.
Just keep in mind that this is a pretty play chair for colors by numbers. There aren’t many advanced adjustment options, but the options available meet the needs of most players, and especially the height adjustment is smooth, quiet, and extremely reliable. If you want a gaming chair as an alternative to a more traditional office chair at work, this is one of the best gaming chairs available today.
- More compact for office settings
- Developed with intelligent ergonomics in mind
- Very easy to set up
- Supported by a 90-day guarantee
- Bare Bones approach to design
Tilt adjustmentn / A Height adjustment18.1 – 21.6 inches Weight capacity250 lbs. Seat width18.5 inches Seat depth18.5 inches • back height30 inches
7. OFM Essentials gaming chair made of bound leather in racing style
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
The OFM Essentials range is very popular in terms of design and sensitivity, but more than makes up for it with its durability. That doesn’t mean that the aesthetics are bad. There are countless different colors to choose from, and the outline of the design scheme itself is actually pretty nifty. This segmented design also allows for pretty solid ergonomics, even if the build quality can’t keep up with the competition.
But durability is definitely the main selling point for this gaming chair. The 300 pound weight capacity is about the best you can find for affordable gaming chairs, and the wheels are designed to last for nearly 80 km. Then there is the chair back itself that has been tested 100,000 times. It may not impress with lightning, but you can rest assured that this gaming chair will hold you in the long run.
- Rolls rated for 46.4 miles
- Available in a variety of colorful options
- Arms can be folded up
- Made from SofThread leather
- The tilt functionality is very limited
Tilt adjustmentn / A Height adjustment17.5 – 21.25 inches Weight capacity275 lbs. Seat width19.5 inches Seat depth19 inches Back height29.5 inches
8. X Rocker Pro Series 2.1 folding video game chair
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
Even the best gaming chairs usually follow a formula: one that focuses on optimal competitive performance, alerting, and racing car design. The X Rocker Pro breaks this formula. It is perhaps better described as an “entertainment chair”. Two forward-facing speakers as well as a subwoofer and intelligent technology ensure intelligent and impressive soundscapes directly in your ears. You are even accompanied by vibration feedback that you can seriously feel.
It may be fairly advanced technologically (at least in terms of budget gaming chairs), but it’s also fairly easy to set up. A wireless radio receiver (along with optional RCA inputs) easily synchronizes what you experience with the game you are immersed in. And of course this is a rocker through and through, so it’s still easy to take a quick nap or just relax between games if you like.
- Comfortable rocking chair design
- Two speakers and a subwoofer
- Haptic response tied to games
- Can be connected to multiple chairs
- Lack of ergonomics in racing chairs
Tilt adjustmentn / a (seesaw) Height adjustment15 inch (stationary) Weight capacity275 lbs. Seat width18.9 inches Seat depth20.9 inches Back height16.9 inches
Fortnite OMEGA-R gaming rocker chair
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRICE
The Fortnite Omega-R’s price may slightly affect the credibility of the budget chair, which is priced at around $ 200, but the value here is just too good to miss. This is perhaps the best looking chair we’ve seen in the budget category, and actually one of the best looking chair models we’ve seen in that time. Of course, the dominant presence of an Overwatch logo means that it can’t exactly serve as an office chair, but it’s the rare gaming chair that is present and still remains subtle.
Simply do not register and expect the many adjustments that are made to designer chairs for racing cars. This is a rocker gaming chair through and through – for better and worse. Nevertheless, the incline is a respectable 118 degrees, and this chair can be rotated a full 360 degrees.
- Attractive design, even if you’re not an Overwatch fan
- Robust base with 360-degree movement
- Made from dirt-repellent materials
- Weight capacity of almost 300 lbs.
- Less mobility than a conventional chair
Tilt adjustment90 – 118 degrees (seesaw) Height adjustment15.36 inch (stationary) Weight capacity275 lbs. Seat width~ 20 inches Seat depth19.3 inches Back heightNot revealed
Buying guide for budget gaming chairs
How much research do you need to do before buying an affordable gaming chair? It really depends on how particular you are looking for a chair that is tailored to you. Other players may be more interested in tactile functions or may need more weight. In any case, we are here to discuss this. We will be as thorough as possible within the limits of the article and provide you with some helpful links if you would like to delve deeper into some specifications and other features.
If there’s one thing we can’t stress enough, this is: take weight capacity seriously. While most gaming chair manufacturers leave some latitude in term
s of supported weight, don’t count on it. If you weigh 300 pounds, look for large and tall PC gaming chairs instead of more traditional gaming chairs. Under no circumstances should you exceed the weight capacity. It can damage your chair in the long run, even if you don’t notice it, and you also risk possible injuries from PC gaming chairs that can’t handle the right load.
If you are looking for the best gaming chair for your body, you want to treat shopping for the best gaming chair as shopping for the best tailored suit. And while the vast majority of buyers won’t plunge too deep in the size of a seat or the height of a back, this can affect how you feel and how you behave while playing.
When considering the dimensions of gaming chairs, you should first check how much seating there is. The racing-style design that is so outstanding in low-priced gaming chairs is great for ergonomics, but it’s not always the best thing to accommodate people with sturdier frames.
- The width represents the space from hip to hip. If you really want to know exactly how to find the right seat width, measure the length from hip to hip and then add two to four inches. This gives you room to move without being able to easily reach the armrests.
- Finding the best depth for a gaming chair is one of the best ways to ensure that your budget isn’t wasted. To get an accurate measurement for the best gaming chairs, you should sit perfectly straight, measure the length from the back of the chair to the inside of your knee, and then add two to four inches.
Note that many of the best gaming chairs are made in Southeast Asia, where the average height and size is less than in Europe and the United States. For this reason, the sizes can sometimes be slightly smaller than specified. This is especially true for cheaper gaming chairs.
In other words, if you are looking for a large and tall gaming chair, you should pay special attention to these dimensions so that you get a PC gaming chair that actually fits your weight and height. If you want an in-depth analysis of what you should be looking for in terms of dimensions, ChairsFX provides some comprehensive data that you can read.
One of the greatest advantages that gaming chairs (inexpensive or otherwise) offer is their ergonomics. The fully vertical but contoured design, which is the hallmark of a racing car design, creates a bracket that adjusts important points on your body, and ensuring that these contour points match relatively close to the right part of your body is an essential part if you do that want to get best experience.
There are two main points to consider: the cervical and lumbar support. Most gaming chairs in the budget category offer a backrest width of around 30 inches. This is enough to extend to the neck and lower back even when lying down.
Note that many of the best gaming chairs are made in Southeast Asia, where the average height and size is less than in Europe and the United States. For this reason, the sizes can sometimes be slightly smaller than specified. This is especially true for cheaper gaming chairs. In other words, if you are looking for a large and tall gaming chair, you should pay special attention to these dimensions so that you can get a PC gaming chair that fits your weight and size.
The vast majority of gaming chairs use a racing car that takes full advantage of a highly tuned racing car. The high back keeps your spine well aligned from the base of the lumbar spine to the shoulders, and the bucket seat holds you securely without slipping around in your seat. And while these types of gaming chairs often have extravagant designs, they can also serve as office chairs. There is a reason why racing car seats are so popular – they are the most reliable and ergonomic play chair style ever.
That being said, these aren’t the only types of gaming chairs available to you. Racing car gaming chairs are great for price-conscious gamers, but focus on competitive games. Every aspect of the design focuses on creating the best gaming experience for players who are in front of their game monitor. Most alternatives to racing car designs use a rocker style.
They can be positioned on a stand or placed directly on the floor. In both cases, however, they have a lower profile than an ergonomic racing car for racing cars and are often supplied with speakers and other accessories for longer gaming sessions. However, these types of gaming chairs are often not on wheels, so they are not as mobile as conventional game chairs and usually offer much less customization options. These types of gaming chairs are the best choice for more casual and party oriented games.
One of the most popular features of gaming chair advocates is that they promote a more natural and healthier posture than traditional office chairs. Fortunately, these brags are mostly true. Game chairs can often serve as office chairs for this reason, and game chairs basically have a lot in common with the high-back and low-seat office chairs, which can often cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
The greatest ergonomic boost that is also available when looking for an inexpensive PC gaming chair is the strategic support in the neck and lower back area. Chairs at this price are usually equipped with at least one additional padding in both positions. However, the best budget gaming chairs offer you the best value for your dollar as they include both a lumbar pillow and a neck pillow.
If you want to get the best price for your dollar, it is the right choice to find and customize a lumbar and neck pillow. Even if you find the chair that best suits your size, weight, and frame, it won’t fit you like a glove. With an adjustable lumbar and neck pillow, you can adapt the memory foam cushioning to the contours of your neck.
What should be paid special attention to when evaluating the ergonomics of PC gaming chairs? The best way to test the comfort of a gaming chair is to sit in it yourself. However, this is not always a practical choice. A good second option is to browse user and professional reviews. Comfort is often a very personal thing and it is particularly important to get as many opinions as possible when buying a chair. Another crucial element that influences ergonomics is the type of material used.
Degree of attitudes
Ergonomics is generally a question of shape – which is reflected in features like a neck pillow, a lumbar pillow, or a bucket seat – but it overlaps quite a bit with another factor. How much can you adjust the tilt, height and rotation of different parts of the chair? It is generally recommended to switch between different positions on a regular basis to avoid overloading certain muscles or muscle groups. A neck pillow is ideal for keeping your neck comfortable at the moment, but there is no substitute for you to slip into a slight incline for a nap.
- The tilt adjustment refers to how far the chair can lean back. The tilt range is measured in degrees, and the best budget gaming models are no different in offer from the top models. 90 to 180 degrees are ideal, the former meaning that the chair is fully upright and the latter means that it is flat, horizontal. The ability to take a nap between long game sessions is easily one of the major differences between office chair / game chair models.
- In addition to the conventional tilt adjustment, many gaming chairs also have a rocking function. Also available in office chairs, this is a great way to increase the price of a chair, but you shouldn’t overlook a below-average tilt adjustment for a rocking function. This type of feature is great at all costs, but it can also be a way to document some price reduction measures. So be careful.
- If you want to use your gaming chair as an office chair or
in a multi-screen game room, you want to be able to navigate easily. Fortunately, most chair models also offer quite good freedom of movement in the budget area. Ideally, you want to look for gaming chairs that offer 360-degree rotation so that you can move around your room and even travel to other rooms. Just make sure they match some quality rolls when you’re on rough and less comfortable surfaces.
- Height adjustment is one of the most common functions of a chair. Player needs may vary from person to person. With the ability to adjust your height, you can easily switch between console and PC games and between games and work from the same chair. The seat height is measured from the bottom of the wheels to the top of the seat.
It is important to find a chair that is comfortable for you, and a neck pillow made of high-quality materials definitely feels better when you can lie down on your back to enjoy it. However, you also need to consider what you want to use your chair for. Rolling wheels aren’t too necessary if you spend most of your time in front of your monitor, and fully reclining the backrest isn’t a big deal, if you’re not looking for a chair, you can take a quick nap considering your priorities over chair analysis, if you want to find the best budget chair for you.
As you may have noticed while browsing our list of chair models, there is a fairly strong sense of a uniform design across the segment, and this applies to the choice of materials as well as the brightly contrasting colors and sharp lines that are so prevalent in the industry.
- The most commonly used material for the exterior construction of a gaming chair is PU leather. PU leather made of polyurethane is a vegan alternative to traditional cowhide. But it is also available at a cheaper price, resistant to spillage and available in different colors. This makes PU leather the perfect choice for upholstering a gaming chair. Real leather game chairs are much rarer and fetch a higher price. If you see something that is marketed as a real leather armchair at a low price, we generally recommend that you exercise caution.
- Fabric-covered chair chassis are less common, but still of great value for consumers. The main advantage of the fabric is that the chair is less likely to stick to the skin during longer and more strenuous gaming experiences. In terms of pricing and longevity, every chair material is largely comparable, so the right choice is very much head to head on this front.
- Just as important as what covers your chair is what is in it. Memory foam is one of the most common ways to add neck and lumbar support to a chair, and it’s a promising sign of whether a chair can really deliver high quality memory foam. However, it is not the only material for interior pillows. While memory foam contours adapt perfectly to your frame to create a personalized lumbar support, other brands value durability or element protection.
- Mesh is a great addition if you want a PU leather armchair but don’t want to worry about it being soaked in sweat either. The net distributes the heat evenly over the surface of the leather you are sitting on so that you do not stick to the leather surface.
- Whenever possible, you want to search with chairs that offer a five-star stainless steel base. The design of these chair wheelbases enables them to glide safely over the surface of a floor without having to be readjusted in no time at all. You have to pay as much attention to the quality of the reels as you determine how long this quality lasts in the long term. Fortunately, some manufacturers have conveniently rated their chair models for how many kilometers they can walk.
The last thing to consider when buying a chair is how well it is covered in the event of a breakdown. While a good guarantee is not an excuse to invest in a lower quality chair (and the guarantee does not cover the lack of features that are not advertised), it can give you serious security. A few months or a year of parts coverage are the most common option here, but some chair brands are confident of offering a limited lifetime warranty.
You can’t always get what you want – a maxim custom computer manufacturers know well. But at least when it comes to cheap gaming chairs, you have at least a lot of flexibility. If you are looking for a cheap gaming chair at a good price, we recommend that you first choose the factors like weight restriction that are an absolute necessity for a hard line, and then move the list of the most important points down for you.
We will update this guide regularly to ensure that our readers are always attuned to the best gaming chair models for customers on a budget. Und wenn Ihr Preis etwas höher ist oder Sie die Qualität Ihres Spielerlebnisses verbessern möchten, können Sie jederzeit unseren allgemeineren Leitfaden zu den besten Spielstuhlmodellen lesen oder unsere ausführlichen Inhalte lesen, um Ihre eigenen zu entwickeln Gaming-Laptop oder Desktop-Rig.