It can be bluntly said that Amazon always fails in a good deal, and it’s hard to argue with that. Yes, this pertains to the company’s streaming service Amazon Prime that is very similar to Netflix. Amazon Prime allows you to watch movies and TV shows from all over the world. Better yet, you can even rent movies and TV shows that aren’t free.
The service has become popular, especially in Australia, the UK and of course in the US. So you’ve subscribed to it and want to see that show everyone in your office was talking about, but then you run into an error message. You suddenly stare at the message ‘This title is not available at your location’.
Amazon Prime Video “This title is not available at your location”
Well, you are not the first to encounter this message. The good thing is that you can easily get around this hiccup and enjoy that title. In this article, we’ll show you how to do this in a few simple steps. Before we start, let’s go to the copper nails why you see that error on your screen.
Amazon’s Prime streaming service is available in more than 200 countries, but the libraries on offer are not comparable. This is because of the licensing restrictions imposed. Some content is limited to libraries from certain regions. The US is plausibly the best library because it offers a wider selection of top rated TV shows and movies.
If you are outside the United States and are trying to watch a TV show that is only in the United States, you will be hit with the title “This title is not available at your location” or the message “This item is not available in your country”.
Other reasons for the “This title is not available in your location” issue on Amazon Prime Video
- You may also get the error like you have recently traveled outside the registered country. If you live in the US but are traveling abroad, you will likely get this message when you try to watch a movie or series that you have watched in the US.
- You have switched to a payment method other than that associated with your account. This is another common reason that can cause the error message. Amazon allows you to change the payment method, but an invalid / unsupported credit card or a credit card outside of your home country can cause the error.
- Use an unreliable VPN or connect to a server in a country where the titles are not offered. Some VPNs are blocked by Amazon and therefore do not hide your location. In other cases, you may have connected to a server in a country where that title is not available.
- Browser extensions, firewalls or anti-virus software. Antivirus and firewalls can block information that can interfere with location services. You may need to disable these applications to get the content you want.
Now that we have determined the why, we will immediately see how we can work around this.
How to avoid the “This title is not available in your location” issue on Amazon Prime Video
You will need a reputable VPN to access this or that title that is not available in your location on Amazon Prime Video. The VPN routes your traffic through an intermediate server at your chosen location. From the end, Amazon will think you are in that location and will offer you the library of that region. So the VPN hides your real locations. In addition, it also encrypts your traffic.
Unfortunately, this whole process is not as easy as it sounds. Amazon Prime, like its older sibling Netflix, doesn’t take VPN usage lightly. Amazon uses VPN discovery software. The software actively blocks VPN traffic; therefore not every VPN on the market gives you access to geo-restricted content.
If you are using a blocked VPN, you are likely to get a proxy error that is “Error 4601”. To avoid getting caught up in this problem, here are some of the reliable VPNs you can use.
The recommended VPN
Look no further than CyberGhost VPN if you want to enjoy a smooth, non-lagging experience. It offers fast, reliable, and unlimited speeds ideal for high quality streaming video. You can choose one of the 6,400 servers spread around the world in more than 90 countries. In addition, this VPN service has native apps for various streaming devices.
Its lucrative features include military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, strict no-log policy, kill switch, IP and DNS leak protection, torrent support, secure protocols. CyberGhost VPN offers friendly customer support and a 45-day money-back guarantee. The installation and setup process is also simple.
Best CyberGhost VPN features:
- Widespread VPN server network of 6100 plus VPN servers
- Unlimited bandwidth and traffic
- P2P / torrenting special profile
- Highest possible speeds
- Unlocks various streaming services
- Simultaneous connections from up to 7 devices
- 45-day money-back guarantee
and what is better for the special price we got for our readers:
$ 12.99 $ 2.75 / month for 18 months plan.
45 day money back guarantee!
Visit now to get CyberGhost!
Other VPN alternatives
Other solid alternatives you can use to unblock Amazon Prime Video include: ExpressVPN, NordVPN and Surfshark.
How to change the country for Amazon Prime Video
Amazon has a provision for changing the region associated with your account. To do this, you must enter an address that corresponds to the new region. Note that changing the country will completely change your Amazon account, including the store where you shop.
It seems like a lot of effort to unblock Amazon Prime content. Fortunately, there is an alternative that gives you access to the desired library and the “This title is not available for your location ‘issue on Amazon Prime Video
How to unblock Amazon Prime Video with a VPN
- Choose the right VPN, CyberGhost or a VPN from the alternative list. Here are some of the factors to consider when choosing the VPN:
- High speeds
- Stable connection
- Server locations offered
- The next step is to subscribe and install the VPN application that is compatible with your system
- After you sign up, connect to a server in the country with the library with the desired movie or series. We recommend using the server with the lowest load and the highest speeds.
- Log into your Amazon Prime and you will find the content you are looking for. To enjoy!
Don’t worry if you encounter the ‘This title is not available in your location’ error message while using your Amazon Prime Video. The guide above allows you to bypass the geographic limit on the content you want to view.
We hope that this article on Amazon Prime Video: “This title is not available in your location” can help you top the problem so that you don’t miss your favorite TV show / movie again.
Have fun streaming!