On Steam you need to create an email address to create an account. You can change this email address later. We show you how to do this here at GIGA.
There are two methods to change the email address of your Steam account. The fastest way is with a link in the browser. Method 2 works directly in the Steam client.
Steam: How to change your email address
Method 1: in the browser (fastest)
- Opens the website https://help.steampowered.com/de/wizard/HelpWithLoginInfo?reset=2&issueid=409.
- Enter your current email address in the money and click on “search“.
- Then select the SMS account verification code to change your email address. If the phone number is out of date, select the option “I no longer have access to this phone number“And follow the instructions. If you use the Steam app for your registration, you can also have the confirmation sent via it.
In our video we show you 5 Steam tips that everyone should know:
Method 2: Directly in the Steam client
- Opens Steam and clicks on the menu barSteam“>”Settings“.
- Click on the menu item “Account“And right on the button”Change contact email address …“.
- Confirms the change of email address using the SMS account verification code. If your specified phone number is out of date, select “I no longer have access to this phone number” and follow the on-screen instructions. If you use the Steam app, you can also have the confirmation sent via it.
The 5 strangest facts about Steam can be seen in our picture gallery:
Did everything work or were there difficulties? Please write us your experiences, questions or opinions in our comment section below these instructions. This way we can help you if problems arise.