Display – Performance – Camera – Battery – Price and purchase options
The second mid-range in the history of Google reaches the market in the form of Pixel 4a, a phone designed to offer a good camera to take incredible photos, even if the lighting is not adequate, a smart battery that lasts up to 24 hours and integration with the Google assistant.
The firm has placed a special emphasis on the security of the device, which is why the phone has the Titan M security chip and receives guaranteed updates for a minimum of 3 years. To this we add 3-month tests of YouTube Premium, Google One and Google Play Pass.
Below we review all the Google Pixel 4a specifications as well as all the advantages of the mobile, and its disadvantages, compared to the competition.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G features
Following a design similar to that of its older brothers, the phone adopts a square format module for the rear camera in a rear profile where, to the delight of many, we return to recover the fingerprint sensor. To this we must add the adoption of a perforated screen format that premieres “funny wallpapers” to play with the hole in the front camera.
On the front the smartphone mounts a 5.81 ″ OLED screen with highly optimized color accuracy. The smartphone offers an edge-to-edge experience, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in your videos and applications. The front camera is integrated into the screen, forming a panel with a 19.5: 9 format with FullHD + resolution of 2340 x 1080 px. This ends up generating a density of 443 dpi.
Boasting purer blacks and HDR compatibility, the smartphone is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and has a contrast ratio of 100,000: 1.
Google’s phone is powered by a chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G, a processor released last year to power the big mid-range mobiles released in 2020. This Google Pixel 4a CPU is configured with 8 cores with 2 Kryo 470 cores (running at 2.2 GHz for the most demanding tasks) and others 6 cores that work at 1.8 GHz and are used to carry out secondary processing areas.
Regarding graphic performance, the mobile has an Adreno 618 GPU that also improves gaming power compared to what was seen in the Pixel 3a, the most immediate predecessor of this new Google mobile.
As for the memory of the mobile, we have versions a single version of 6 GB of RAM and an internal storage of 128 GB without the possibility of expansion by MicroSD.
We are facing one of the few mobiles of 2020 that land in stores with a price higher than 350 euros but with a single lens. Google has never wanted to play in the game of multiplying the cameras of the phone and boasts in this Pixel 4a of the same 12.2 MP main sensor of the Pixel 4, including functions such as HDR + in Real Time, dual exposure controls, Night Vision with Astrophotography, functions for sharing on social networks, portrait mode and High Resolution Zoom.
On the front, the phone comes with an 8-megapixel selfie camera located inside the screen hole that sports an f / 2.0 aperture and 84 ° field of view.
At the video level, both the rear and front cameras can record clips in 1080p, but the rear camera can record in slow motion (240) if we reduce the quality to 720p. If we can not record at 30 fps in 4K quality.
Google’s mobile phone mounts a 3140 mAH battery with a fast charge of 18 W. This means that we can fully recharge the cell in just two hours.
The company ensures that the Pixel 4 battery lasts up to 24 hours thanks to the fact that it adapts to how you use your favorite applications, reducing the consumption of those that you hardly use. Thus, you can enjoy your favorite content as much as you want.
Strengths and weaknesses of Google mobile
The best of the Pixel 4a
- Camera sensor: Although we only found a single sensor in the back, Google has shown how well it combines its GCam with photographic hardware. Thanks to this, we can take all kinds of high-quality photographs without having to add lenses to the set.
- Updates: Google promises 3 years of updates on one of the mobiles with the cleanest Android experience it offers.
The worst of the Pixel 4a
- Exaggerated frames: Despite the fact that it has been emphasized in a hole design on the screen, the front of the phone still leaves a lot to be desired at the frame level. The ends of the screen are still fatter than those that can be found in mobiles with a similar or even lower price.
- Too much competition: At this point in the game we expected Google to hit the table with great features or a better price, but this Pixel 4a is presented with more limited specifications and more expensive than many of the options of other Android manufacturers.
- Without 5G: One of these features that we miss is the 5G connectivity, present in rivals of the phone thanks to the use of a processor that is one step above the 730G of the Pixel 4a.
- A single lens: Although the camera is one of the best we can find on a mobile of around 400 euros, it is true that it falls short when it comes to taking remote or wide-angle photos. We can only work with a lens with a field of view of 77º and f / 1.7 aperture, so we miss both the wide-angle and telephoto lenses.
- More expensive in Spain: Without Google having been able to explain very well why, the price in Spain and Italy of the Pixel 4a is up to 40 euros.
Price of the Google Pixel 4a in Spain
Google’s smartphone is put into a single memory and color version: The Google Pixel 4a It costs 389 euros and is sold in black with 6 GB of RAM + 128 GB of storage. It can be purchased in Spain from October 1, 2020.
Video and photos