We explain how to create a Steam account for free here on GIGA. It allows you to buy and play PC games on Steam.
Create a Steam account
- Opens the Steam website: store.steampowered.com/join/?l=german.
- Give yours upstairs E-mail address one that you want to use for your new Steam account.
- Enter the email address below as confirmation a.
- Choose your email address wisely, as all bills will be sent to them when you buy games.
- Choose your country of residence, such as “Germany” for Germany.
- Confirms via Google Captcha that you are not a robot.
- Confirms the below Steam subscription agreementby ticking the box if you agree.
- Click on the button “Continue“.
- Indicate whether you are above or below 16 years are. If you are under the age of 16, your mother’s or father’s email address is required to obtain their consent.
- You will receive an email in which you click on the Confirmation link click to verify your Steam account. Also look in your spam folder.
Now you can log in to the Steam Shop in the Internet browser with your Steam account and, for example, buy games. To download and install games, however, you need the Steam client. Click here for instructions on how to install Steam.
Why do you need a Steam account?
With a Steam account you can:
- Buy, download and play games on Steam
- Use the cloud function of supported games to save games online
- Chat with friends (even while playing)
Supported operating systems are:
- Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Ubuntu Linux
- OS X version 10.11 (El Capitan) or newer
Did everything work or were there problems? Please write it to us in the comments below this guide so that we can help you. Otherwise we wish you happy playing!