Vodafone’s new strategy on the Internet of Things for 2020 and 2021 it involves connecting people for a better future. Therefore, they want to drive innovation in the sector and continue offering better IoT services to their clients. Today they present the first device in the family of the new strategy called “Designed & Connected by Vodafone”.
This is the new Vodafone IoT device
The first big news is that everything will be managed by the application Vodafone Smart. Until now, it was necessary to use two applications, which complicated things for many people, especially the less experienced. However, the true highlight of the event is the arrival of the first device of this new era for the Internet of Things at Vodafone.
This is called Curve and it is an intelligent GPS locator that connects any object to the Internet. This device can be contracted both by Vodafone clients and by clients of other operators. Its tiny size allows it to be placed in suitcases, backpacks, key chains and many more objects. Its dimensions are 42.1 millimeters in diameter and 16.4 millimeters thick.
Their features They are:
- Four location technologies (GPS, WiFi, Mobile network and Bluetooth).
- Up to 7 days of battery life and four locating modes (energy saving, normal, performance and real time).
- Create zones on the map to receive alerts when the device enters or exits.
- It has an immediate alert button to always have children and dependent people located.
- Everything is controlled in real time through the Vodafone Smart app.
- Waterproof and dustproof with IP 67 certification.
- Dimensions: 16.4mm high x 42.1mm wide.
- Weight: 30 grams.
Going back to the application that will be used, we only have Vodafone Smart to manage subscription and device. This replaces the current V by Vodafone App and offers a new design, as well as being more intuitive. This application is available for iOS and Android from today.
As for its price, the Vodafone Curve locator can now be purchased in the online store and will soon reach the rest of the sales channels. Its price will be 3 euros per month including the device and the service in the modality of payment in installments or 24 euros in cash payment with 2 euros of monthly subscription.