If you have forgotten your Steam password or want to assign a secure password, you can simply change your password. There are three different ways. We show you how to do this here at GIGA.
Reset and change Steam password (even if you forget it)
Method 1: in the browser (fastest)
- Opens the website https://help.steampowered.com/de/wizard/HelpWithLoginInfo?reset.
- Give yours E-mail address one that you used for your Steam account when you created it.
- You can now reset your password using an SMS account verification code. If the given phone number is out of date, you can use the option “I no longer have access to this phone number” choose.
- Alternatively, you can try the second method below.
Method 2: in the steam client (login window)
- Opens the Steam client on the PC.
- If you are already asked for your login data, click on the button “I can not login…“And then on”I forgot my Steam account name or password“. Then the window opens as for method 1. Follow the instructions.
Method 3: In the Steam client directly
- Opens Steam and clicks on the menu barSteam“>”Settings“.
- Click on the menu item “Account“And right on the button”Change Password…“.
- Confirms password reset via SMS account verification code. If your specified phone number is out of date, select “I no longer have access to this phone number“And follow the instructions on the screen.
Did everything work or were there problems? Please write us your experiences or questions in the comment section below this guide so that we can help you if necessary.