Wi-Fi has become one of the technologies most used internationally. Not all computers and laptops integrate this type of connectivity, but with the FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860 we can solve this problem and enjoy, in seconds, a high-performance dual-band Wi-Fi connection.
In case someone is lost I put you in a situation. First of all, let’s see what the FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860 is. It is a USB drive that has a little larger than a conventional flash drive, and that acts as a wireless network adapter external. Yes, we could consider it as an external wireless network card that connects via USB.
Thanks to its format and design it is very easy to use. We will not have to open our PC or laptop, and we will not have to mess with the hardware either. We just have to link it to the router, connect it to a USB port on our computer and voila, we will have a high-performance Wi-Fi 5 connection available, and fully protected, thanks to the WPA 2 encryption integrated.
If we have a FRITZ! Box router we can establish a totally secure connection almost instantly thanks to the “Stick & Surf” technology. It is very easy, we just have to connect the FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860 to a USB port of our FRITZ! Box and connect it, later, to a port of our equipment, and that’s it, we will be ready to surf the Internet and enjoy our favorite multimedia content at a speed of up to 866 Mbps.
The FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860 works in double band, which means that it can work without problem both in the band of 5 GHz under Wi-Fi 5 standard, offering those 866 Mbps, as in the 2.4 GHz band under Wi-Fi 4 standard, where the speed has a maximum peak of 300 Mbps. AVM has taken care of the design and quality of this device to guarantee a good range, so we will not have to worry without moving away from the router.
FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860: Specifications and Price
- USB network adapter compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (recommended use it under USB 3.0 so that the bandwidth of the port does not limit the performance of the FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860).
- Compatible with Wi-Fi 4 and Wi-Fi 5 (works in dual band).
- Up to 866 Mbps under Wi-Fi 5 and up to 300 Mbps under Wi-Fi 4.
- WPA 2 encryption, WPS compliant.
- Easy to use, full integration with AVM FRITZ! Box routers.
- Configurable transmission power.
- Two led indicators that allow viewing the connection and activity.
- Integrated antennas.
The FRITZ! WLAN Stick AC 860 is available with a price of 39 euros, a quite reasonable figure considering everything it offers.