GeForce Experience is the perfect accessory for your GeForce graphics card that allows you to share videos, screenshots, and live streams with minimal effort. Despite other programs that allow you to perform the same tasks, GeForce Experience is still the go-to place for GeForce GPU owners. So you can get the most out of your GPUs.
Unfortunately, GeForce Experience users have had growing concerns about errors that occur too often. One particular bug that causes a lot of stress is that GeForce Experience just doesn’t open. Fortunately, the solution to this problem is fairly simple – and one that we’ll focus on in the following article.
We will look for the easiest ways to fix the GeForce Experience does not open error. So you can stop worrying and go back to what you do best.
So let’s not waste any more time and dive right in!
Restart GeForce Experience
The first and probably most effective way to get GeForce Experience working again is to simply restart it. Like many programs that run in the background of your PC, they can suddenly stop working for various reasons. In a certain scenario, a version of the program is partially open, meaning that it is neither open nor closed.
In this scenario, just completely restart GeForce Experience and things should be ready for use again. How it works:
- Open your Task Manager by clicking Ctrl + Alt + Delete and select Task Manager from the available options
- Find and close all NVIDIA-related programs that are running in the background
- You may need to click “More details‘Button at the bottom of the page
- Once you find it, just close it by pressing “DEL‘On your keyboard or by right clicking’End task“From the dropdown list
- When all processes are finished, just restart GeForce Experience and it should start
This method works most of the time. If not, just continue with the next fix!
Uncheck Create antivirus / firewall exception
While your antivirus can be important to keep malicious files away from your PC, it can also cause chaos in certain applications. GeForce Experience is another application that can fall victim to the brutal methods of your antivirus. For this reason, we always recommend disabling your antivirus software and restarting the GeForce Experience to ensure that this is definitely not the case.
Read our comprehensive guide to disabling Avast Antivirus here. It describes how to disable it completely and partially disable individual shields.
Reinstall the GPU drivers
If closing GeForce Experience properly and disabling your antivirus doesn’t solve the problem, there may be an internal drive problem that is preventing the application from opening.
It is known that outdated or corrupt drivers can significantly affect the performance of your PC. So if you’re unlucky enough to experience this, reinstalling will surely solve your problems. Here’s how:
- First click with the right mouse button Windows start menu in the lower left corner of your desktop.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Device manager‘From the available options
- In Device Manager, search for “Show adapter‘And expand the options available – this should show your GPU
- Right click on the GPU and select “uninstall‘From the dropdown menu
- Follow the steps shown by the uninstallation wizard until the drivers are completely uninstalled
- After uninstalling the drive, go to the NVIDIA driver support page and use the manual driver search feature to find the latest graphics drivers for your GPU
- Once found, just click download button
- Once you’ve downloaded the drivers, simply start the installation process by double-clicking it
- Follow the wizard to install the driver
- After the process is complete, simply restart your PC and start GeForce Experience
Reinstall GeForce Experience
By now, one of the methods above should have resolved any issues you had with GeForce Experience. However, if this is not the case, you can reinstall GeForce Experience.
Reinstalling GeForce Experience is a great way to get a new copy of the application on your computer and fix errors or corrupt files. Here’s the quick and easy way to reinstall GeForce Experience:
- Start typing “Switchboard‘In the Windows search function, which is located in the lower left corner of your desktop, and press Enter
- Select “uninstall a program‘ of the ‘Programs‘Section
- When uninstalling a program, just search for GeForce Experience, right click it and choose Uninstall the program
- Follow the uninstall wizard until the program is completely removed from your PC
- Perform a quick restart before starting the reinstallation
- After the restart, visit the NVIDIA website and download the latest version of GeForce Experience here
- Download the installer and run it like any other application
- When you’re done, just download the program and it should start as usual
NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience is not the only program that can cause headaches with errors and annoying damage. With that in mind, here are some of our most popular fix pages that might be useful:
So there you are, folks, our comprehensive overview of the simplest solutions to get GeForce Experience working again. GeForce Experience plays an important role in many people’s systems. So when it stops working it can be extremely stressful to say the least. Fortunately, GeForce Experience is one of the easiest programs to fix, with most of the above methods fixing the problem.
If the above methods don’t work, you can leave us a comment in the section below. Better yet, visit our Community Hub, where you can discuss all graphics related to like-minded people.