It is already installed on 100 million devices.
After 3 years between us, this Google app has just achieved an absolute record. We are talking about Google Meet, the great G app that serves to make video conferences and meetings with up to 250 people and has just reached a number of downloads worthy of praise. Because not all apps on the Play Store can stick out their chest and say that have reached 100 million downloads.
The funny thing is that a time has had to come when teleworking is at its peak for an app like this to become popular and that is that Google Meet has doubled its downloads in just 50 days, as reported by the Android Police.
The reasons are obvious. The confinement has caused many workers to make their day at home and therefore these types of apps have become essential. It is true that in Android we do not have our own Facetime but it is also true that Google Meet is a great alternative, not only for being able to carry out conversations with up to 250 people but also for the excellent quality and stability of the connection.
Google Meet allows us:
- Organize Unlimited HD video conferencing.
- Perform Meet meetings safely; video conferencing is encrypted, and there are proactive anti-abuse measures that provide security.
- Easy access– Simply share a link so guests can join in one click from any desktop web browser or the Meet mobile app.
- Screen sharing to display documents, slides, and other files.
- Follow the presentations with real time subtitles thanks to Google’s speech-to-text technology.
Undoubtedly and with the times, apps like this will become increasingly popular either to take advantage of teleworking or simply to take advantage and talk with family, acquaintances and friends in any corner of the world. And the best thing is that it’s free!
Always find out about the latest Android time on our official Telegram channel, join us!