Last October, the presentation of the Google Pixel Buds 2020 took place, a wireless headset that was shaped as a major renovation compared to the first generation model, and today we have finally been able to confirm its launch in Spain.
They have been slow, but in the end the wait was worth it. The Google Pixel Buds 2020 they mark a very big evolution compared to the 2017 version, not only because these are totally wireless, but also come with profound changes in terms of ergonomics, sound quality and advanced functions.
In terms of design we find, as we have anticipated, a totally wireless format and a button type termination. The Google Pixel Buds 2020 use a interchangeable silicone pad of different sizes that fits into the ear and fits perfectly. This is very important, since it means that they do not move, and that they help us to isolate ourselves from the outside. Since the Google Pixel Buds 2020 lack active noise cancellation, this isolation will be essential to enjoy a good experience of use.
The outer part of the Google Pixel Buds 2020 is finished in white with the Google “G”. This area acts as a touch interface that allows us to control, in a very simple way, the most important points of the headphones. For example, if we slide our finger forward we will increase the volume, and if we slide it back we will decrease it. With one press we pause or reproduce the sound, and with a double press we change songs. Control is very easy and intuitive.
Just as easy is the Google Pixel Buds 2020 pairing process, which works seamlessly with devices based on Android or iOS thanks to the Bluetooth connection. It fully integrates with the Google Assistant, and is IPX4 certified, which means the Google Pixel Buds 2020 offers splash resistance.
Specifications and price of the Google Pixel Buds 2020
- Measurements: 20.5 x 19.5 x 18.2 mm the headphones, 63 x 47 x 25 mm the case.
- Weight: 5.3 grams each earphone, and 56.1 grams the case.
- Touch interface, integration with Google Assistant and full compatibility with Android 6.0 or higher, and iOS 9.3 or higher.
- High-quality sound with passive noise cancellation.
- Dual microphone with voice detection and accelerometer.
- Up to 5 hours of autonomy for each battery charge playing music (2.5 hours if we are in call mode).
- Up to 24 hours of autonomy with the charging case.
- Bluetooth connectivity, charging by USB Type C.
- Proximity sensor, accelerometer and gyroscope.
- Real-time translation with conversation mode.
- Find My Device feature to help us find a lost headset.
The Google Pixel Buds 2020 can now be purchased through the official Google website for a price of 199 euros.