If you’re one of those who don’t like the size of their Windows 10 icons but don’t know how to change them, the following lines are more than helpful. You will be introduced to the process of resizing symbols, which can be done in a few simple steps. This makes your Windows 10 environment a perfect place for work or entertainment.
How to change icon size in Windows 10
If you want to resize your desktop icons, you need to do the following:
- First you have to go to your desktop and right click on an empty space.
- Then choose “View”, in a dropdown menu,
and then choose one of the three options (“Large symbols, medium symbols or small symbols”) that suits you best
and that’s pretty much all.
Even if you don’t just want to change the size of yours Desktop icons but the System tray icons Here are the steps:
- Just like with the desktop icons, you must first right-click on an empty area of your desktop and wait for the drop-down menu to appear.
- Once that’s the case, you’ll need to search and type “Display settings”.
- If a new window opens afterwards, select the desired value under the signature “Resize Text, Apps, and Other Items”;;
And that’s it. Your system tray icons are now of different sizes.
- If you are not satisfied with the values offered, you can also set them manually by clicking the button “Advanced scaling settings”.
- Here you have to write down the desired scale,
Confirm with “Apply” And that’s it.
If you also want to change the size of File explorer icons, you have to do:
- You need to go to the folder with the icons that need to be changed.
Right-click the empty area in the folder.
choose “View” and choose the option that suits you.