The administrator account has many advantages over the regular account and allows you to change security settings, install software, manage other accounts, etc. In other words, it’s a cool option … if you know what you’re doing. Otherwise, all of this can become a real nightmare and cause many problems, e.g. B. Data loss, inability to access your account, and many other things.
For this reason, a standard account is a less harmful solution, perfect for newbies and users who only know the basics. But what if all of this changes over time and you are no longer a beginner but an experienced user who is ready for the next step and administrator rights? How can you change your Windows 10 account from standard to administrator?
Well, the whole process of changing the account type is actually fairly simple and all you have to do is follow the guidelines below.
How to change the administrator on Windows 10
While there are many ways to change your account type on Windows 10, here’s a look at the two most common and probably the easiest accounts available the settings and about that Switchboard.
- First, one that goes through the settings, as you may have guessed, requires you to enter them first the settingsthat can either be managed by typing “The settings” by doing Search box
and left-click on them when they appear in the results
or through the Start menu (Find them in the lower left corner).
- As soon as the the settings Window appears, you must select it “Accounts” Category,
Give that “Family & other users” section
Left click on the account you want to change. Then go to “Change account type”,
Select that you want to change the account type Administrator,
Press “OK” and congratulations, you’re officially one now Administrator!
The second way to change your account type is, as mentioned earlier, through the SwitchboardThat means you have to type first.
- The easiest way to do this is by typing “Switchboard” by doing Search box
Left-click the item when it appears in the results.
- After that you have to go “Change account type” under the “User accounts” section
and enter the account you want to change.
- Once you’ve done this, left-click “Change account type”
and mark the circle next to the administrator. Press “Change account type” and let’s go
now you have one Administrator Account.