Skype is a great communication tool that allows you to communicate with your friends and family inexpensively and easily, no matter how far away. Over time, however, it became less user-friendly and ultimately no longer the favorite among users who turned to other, more versatile and user-friendly apps such as Viber.
In other words, although still good, Skype is no longer wanted by everyone. Therefore, the integration of Skype in Windows 10 and the automatic start at system startup is not appreciated by many and is more of a problem than a solution. However, this can be easily fixed and only takes a few minutes of your time.
How to disable Skype on Windows 10
If you are annoyed about the automatic start of Skype, you will be happy to know that there are numerous ways to prevent this. Depending on your settings, you can simply stop the automatic start or remove it permanently. In the further course of the text you will become familiar with both approaches.
If you are irritated by the automatic start of Skype and still want to keep it on your PC, you have to do the following:
- First you have to enter them Task managerby entering the name in the field “Search box”. As soon as the Task manager appears under the results, left click on it,
and select the in the newly opened window “Beginning” Tab.
- Find “Skype” Right-click on it under the apps.
choose “Deactivate” in the dropdown menu
and let’s go. The automatic start of Skypes is deactivated.
If you don’t want to keep Skype on your PC and prefer to remove it completely, you can do so in the following ways.
One of the easiest and first ones on the list is by Switchboard.
- With this approach, you have to type first “Switchboard” by doing Search box,
and when it appears under the results, left click on it.
- Then choose “Uninstall a program” (It is located under the “Programs” Category)
and find Skype under the apps in the newly opened window.
- Once you’ve done this, right click on it and choose “Uninstall”
and the Skype installation will be removed from your PC.
Second, and probably the fastest, you can uninstall Skype from your computer by removing it directly.
- In this process you have to find them Skype in the Start menu
or search it in the Search box.
- As soon as you have discovered it or it appears in the results, you have to right click on it and select “Uninstall”
and believe it or not, your job is done.
If you do not like the first two options, you will be glad to know that there is also a third option: Skype uninstallation via “The settings”.
- This process begins with the entry “The settings” by the Start menu,
After that you have to choose “Apps”
and then “Apps & Features”.
- Find Skype Click on it under the listed apps and select “Uninstall”
and Skype will no longer be part of your computer ecosystem.