With a video-to-audio converter, you can extract MP3s of specific and desired audio from interesting movie clips, popular TV shows, and especially the most popular singles when only MP4 music videos are available. Then you can listen to MP3 audio anywhere with an MP3 player, any portable device, or any iPhone smartphone, and even set up new ringtones.
That is why today we want to dedicate this small tutorial to video converters to MP3, such as 5KPlayer, a tool with which we can convert videos to MP3 for Windows 10 for free, with a wide range of output formats such as local FLV, MOV, MKV, MPEG, Webm, 3GP, AV1, WMV, M4V to MP3; as well as the ability to extract MP3s from videos on websites like YouTube.
And it is that commonly we can find two types of tools to help convert video to MP3 audio, online or desktop, But how are they different?
Online converters, a quick option but with flaws
The online MP3 video to audio converter shines because it is free and easy to use, and it comes with variable compatible input format including MP4, M4V, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, etc.
However, you are always asked to open a web page to upload your videos and then convert them to audio tracks when using networks, security is a hot topic. Here, you probably cannot prevent and monitor the usability of data uploaded by others as you cannot make sure that your data files have been deleted on the server of an online video to MP3 converter.
Also, you can easily click the advertising links with unknown adware and other add-ons provided by such online sites that can harm your computer.
Other deficiencies also include loss of output quality, the limited size of the uploaded videos, as well as problems derived from an unstable conversion process and other blocking problems.
Worse yet, the online video to audio converter is likely to close sometime, especially those YouTube to MP3 converters, as more and more online sites have stepped up their copyright infringement crackdown. So how to easily convert local and online videos like YouTube videos to MP3 for free?
Offline video to MP3 converter, the best choice for Windows 10
4K 5KPlayer Video Player is an application with free lifetime usability to help convert videos to MP3 audio easily. When speed, stability and output quality are the first three factors you can think of, 5KPlayer is built to meet your needs.
Including FLV, MOV, MKV, MPEG, Webm, 3GP, AV1, WMV, M4V, H.264, H.265 / HEVC, F4V, VOB, etc., Windows 10 offline MP3 converter also has the great compatibility of input formats:
- Convert local videos to MP3– If you have a lot of videos in your local folders, no matter downloaded or recorded files, you can extract soundtracks from them with the help of 5KPlayer. This Mac and Windows 10-based MP3 converter offers high performance to allow the two-hour movie to quickly convert to MP3 audio in minutes in the highest quality available.
- Convert online videos to MP3– This free and smart video to MP3 converter helps convert videos from over 300 sites online, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo and more. You can also parse the URL of online videos to directly save the corresponding videos and then extract the audio tracks.
- Keep a part of the audio of a video: 5KPlayer outshines other MP3 converters for Windows 10 because its cut function helps you get a specific track of a part of a video. You can first trim a video to keep the desired part and then convert the video to MP3.
But undoubtedly its greatest virtue is its enormous ease of use, since with just a few clicks, we can complete any conversion process.
Also, there is no time consuming charging process, and it is possible to keep your private video safe. In addition to the fact that the offline video to audio converter does not have any kind of limitation for the number or sizes of files, or the absence of added adware as well as no malware.
Finally, another of the most demanded functions, converting videos to MP3 audio, is just as simple and fast with 5KPlayer:
- We will simply have to download 5KPlayer for free from the official website.
- Install and run the application.
- Search and add the video that we want to convert to the “Library”, click on the icon “Turn into” next to the video information, and select the option of «Convert to MP3».
Further reading: Why convert video to MP3 instead of other formats?
MP3 is a digital audio encoding format that uses the lossy data compression method to encode data.
- Data saving– Lossless audio format like WAV, FLAC, or AIFF provides better quality but takes up more storage space, making it unrealistic for portable devices and online streaming sites to use when gigabytes of soundtracks are present. Therefore, MP3 is a better option for keeping hundreds of tracks without worrying about storage consumption. After all, it is very difficult to hear any difference when you use headphones, microphones or your naked ears to listen to music in MP3 format.
- Great compatibility: MP3 has broader options for accessing electronic devices, including computer, iPhone, Android phones, etc.