In today’s Kodi guide for installing add-ons, we’ve selected another promising add-on: Athena. You can install the Athena Kodi add-on in minutes; but before we install the Athena Kodi addon, let’s take a look at some of its important features.
Features of Athena Kodi Addon
After installing the Athena Kodi addon, you are access an extensive collection of TV shows and movies. Athena is compatible with various devices including Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, Amazon Firestick 4K, Android TV Box and NVIDIA Shield. Consult this guide for instructions on installing Kodi on an Amazon Fire device in case you need help.
The interface of the Athena add-on is quite simple; you don’t have to spend too much time to feel comfortable.
Media content on the Athena add-on is divided into the following categories:
- One-Click Play Docs
- One-Click Play 24/7
- One-Click Play Kids Zone
- Premium Accounts Lounge
- TV shows
Although not required, for optimal HD link performance, you can link your Real-Debrid account to the Athena Kodi add-on. Moreover, the Athena add-on is also compatible with the Trakt account.
Benefits of Athena Kodi Addon
- Belongs to family of trustworthy add-ons, Magic Dragon and Odin, etc.
- Compatible with Kodi Leia 18.5
- Works with Tracktv
- Works with the Real-Debrid account
Disadvantages of Athena Kodi Addon
- Third-party add-on – it is released by community developers; you must use a VPN service to avoid vulnerabilities
It is important to remember that Kodi is just a media player. Which media you use on this platform is your choice. Kodi officials do not take any responsibility if someone violates copyright laws. The truth is that Kodi is an open source platform; third party developers keep coming up with their add-ons for this media player. It is your responsibility to protect your internet connection, data, identity and device. Happy, you don’t have to worry about anything if you have a reliable VPN configuration. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) service frees you from all the above vulnerabilities.
But which VPN service should you use? Some developers offer a free VPN service. But never select such free services because they are not secure; their encryption tools are not updated and they have data limits, which means that such services will not work after consuming a certain amount of data, for example, 1 GB or even less.
The recommended VPN
Among premium VPN services, CyberGhost is the best option to go for. We used CyberGhost for years and it keeps improving with time. The encryption algorithm is safe and constantly updated. CyberGhost has a huge worldwide network from servers around the world. It protects you from identity theft. You can stream media content anonymously because CyberGhost protects your connection against watchdogs such as ISPs, government agencies and even hackers.
CyberGhost is a valuable choice because it comes with many advanced security features and has the best value for money in the industry:
$ 11.99 $ 2.75 / month for 18 months plan
45-day money-back guarantee
We managed to get an exclusive 79% from CyberGhost.
Click here to save 79% of CyberGhost now!
Steps to install Athena Addon on Kodi
Installing the Athena Kodi addon means downloading zip files from a community repository from an external source. You should enable downloading files from unknown sources if you’ve never done it before.
Enable unknown sources
- Start Kodi and go to settings on the home screen (cogwheel icon)
- Now move the cursor to place it add-ons
- The large panel (on the right) offers several options, including unknown sources
- Finally, make sure to turn on unknown sources and then press OK to approve settings
Install the repository
- First, to prevent your ISP from blocking the repository and add-on, turn on your VPN. The VPN we recommend is CyberGhost
- Then press the Return button to open System interface or click on the cogwheel icon below the top left corner of your screen
- Then go to File manager (folder)
- Select, Add sources
- Click now
- Press OK
- Type a name for the media source. You can select any name you want. We are typing Athena
- Press OK
- Then go back to System again and then go to add-on (dropbox icon)
- Press Install from zip file
- Select the name you typed for the media source. It is Athena according to our settings.
- Please select repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip
- In a few seconds, the system will start the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
Install Athena Addon in Kodi
- Press once the repository is installed install from repository
- Select the repo, that is EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
- Press Video add-ons
- You have to look for this Athena and select it
- Press to install
- Once installed (in less than a minute) the message will appear to report this The Athena add-on is installed
- Select now add-ons and then start the newly installed one Athena add
Before streaming a title with Athena, it is advisable to enable a good VPN like CyberGhost . In this way, your personal data remains protected and you can stream anonymously. In addition, with a VPN service, the streaming pe
rformance of Kodi add-ons will be optimized.
We hope this article will guide you through the Athena Addon installation process on Kodi and help enrich your streaming library. Rate and share it with your friends.
Have fun streams!