The Base Kodi add-on allows you to stream movies and TV shows. In this guide, I’ll show you the updated method to install the Base Kodi addon in 2020. The method is the same for all Kodi compatible platforms, including Smart TV, Fire TV, PC and Laptop, etc. You can also install Base add-on on Kodi Leia 18.5.
The Base Kodi add-on
You can Install Base Kodi addon from The Team Crew’s warehouse. It comes from community developers. Base brings streaming links from various community and public online sources. You have to be extra careful because the links to premium (latest releases) may be in violation. Media categories are divided into genres that you can easily browse to find your favorite titles. Base Kodi add-on provides links to regular streams and also to Real-Debrid streams. Base addon also supports Trakt to keep your media in sync
Benefits of Base Kodi Addon
- Watch your favorite movies and TV shows online
- Regularly updated content
- Compatible with Real-Debrid
- Simple user interface
Disadvantages of Base Kodi Addon
- Third-party add-on (secure and anonymous streaming is a must – you need a VPN service)
Privacy and security requirements
Online media streaming is not that secure as it was in the early days. Not only copyright acts but also regional laws have imposed internet restrictions users for various reasons. Kodi and other free media players are mostly open source platforms. Third-party add-on developers use torrent and other public domain resources that may violate copyright laws.
Online monitoring is common in almost all regions of the world. This is done by government agencies in collaboration with the ISPs.
That’s why it’s so important to stream anonymously with a premium VPN.
A VPN replaces your IP with the IP server IP of your choice and directs the user’s navigation through an encrypted tunnel, keeping prying eyes away.
However, not all VPNs trust; many free VPNs keep user logs and navigation habits for commercial purposes. So, choosing the right VPN is crucial.
The Premium VPN we recommend
CyberGhost is one of the most reliable and fast VPN services available in 2020. I prefer CyberGhost for the sake of being huge network. It has servers in many tens of countries and grows. You can bypass regional restrictions on premium content and TV channels by using a virtual IP address from another country.
CyberGhost protects the user’s privacy by not imposing a logging policy. Under this policy, CyberGhost does not track the online activities and browsing history of its users. The strict encryption mechanism keeps your data and personal information safe from ISPs, hackers and government agencies.
In addition, if you often use public wifi networks, CyberGhost will protect your device from hackers and spy tools.
CyberGhost comes with many advanced security and privacy features for the best price / quality ratio:
$ 11.99 $ 2.75 / month for 18 months plan
45-day money-back guarantee
We managed to get an exclusive 79% from CyberGhost.
Save 79% from CyberGhost now!
How to install Base Kodi Addon in 2020
The following guide on how to install the Base Kodi addon works on all Kodi compatible devices. The screenshots are from Kodi Leia 18.5.
Enable unknown sources on Kodi
- Launch Kodi and check for the download settings to have the device install zip files from community repository URLs
- Click Settings and then select System
- Hold the cursor add-on (option in left side panel)
- Switch the button next to it Download from unknown sources (right panel of the screen)
- Click OK> Return to Settings
Install the repository
- First of all, turn on your VPN. This prevents your ISP from blocking the repository and add-on. We recommend using CyberGhost because it is the best VPN to stream.
- Please select File manager> Open Add source
- Select now
- Type a name for the media source, for example Team crew and then press OK
- Come back to Settings and then select add-ons (package installer)> Please select install from zip file
- Click the name of the media source (The Crew)> Select the zip file, thecrew-0.3.1.zip
- The zip file installs in seconds.
Install Base Kodi Addon
- Now select without returning Install from the repository
- Select the add-on you want to install> Press to install
- Once the installation is complete (it takes less than a minute), you can go back to the Kodi home screen and open it Base Kodi Add-on.
Solving a problem
If you had problems installing the add-on, it could be caused by Indigo Addon blocking Base and other add-ons from the Crew repository. To consider removing Indigo Addon, TVAddons repo, and also Install Fuck Indigo Addon (from The Crew’s repository); This will prevent Indigo from being reinstalled without your permission.
You can check here How to delete repositories and add-ons on Kodi!
Once you Install Base Kodi addon, you can start streaming movies and TV shows by accessing titles through a nicely organized media library.
We hope this article on installing Base Addon on Kodi can help increase your streaming options. If so, please rate and share it.
Have fun streaming!