Backups on Android are something of importance, since they help us to save our data and files in many situations. In addition, we can make various types of backup, because it is possible to make copies in applications, but also one of personalization, for example. Although what many users in Spain are looking for is a full backup on Android.
In a full backup on Android we will copy and save everything on the phone: photos, files, contacts, emails and more. This will allow us not to lose data or that in case there is a problem with the device, the information is safe.
How to make backups on Android at the touch of a button
We teach you to back up your photos, contacts, emails and more information manually on your Android phones.
Make a manual backup on Android
A couple of years ago Google introduced a new method to backup Android, which allows a full backup to be made manually on the phone. This method allows the user to decide when they want to make a copy on the phone, so that everything can be copied and kept in a safe place. The steps to do it are:
- Open Settings.
- Enter the Google section.
- Click on Backup.
- Check the data to be saved.
- Click the Create a backup now button.
These steps allow create such a copy of all items on the phone. The copies that are made are stored in Google Drive, so that we can see them there, in addition to accessing them from our account at all times. When using this function on Android, it is recommended to have WiFi activated, since these copies are heavy and can consume your data rate completely.
This backup on Android allows saving application data, call history, contacts, device settings, photos and videos (those in Google Photos) and SMS messages. So most of the data you want to keep safe is saved in this case.
Do all your family members a favor: activate Google Photos backup
Activate the backup in Google Photos. Your gift will be to save them from losing all their photos and memories in the event of an accident with their smartphone.
Full copies on Android
On an Android phone we can also create backup copies of various items individually, in case there is something the previous manual backup has not covered. So we will have everything we consider relevant protected in our Google account.
- Open the contacts app.
- Enter your Settings.
- Enter the Import / Export section.
- Tap Import from SIM.
- Select the contacts.
- Click on Import.
- Choose your Google account.
- To accept.
How to create a backup of your contacts to avoid losing them with the SIM
If you have your contacts on the SIM card it is time to create a backup. You can copy them to your Google account or save them to a file on PC.
Files and documents
- Open Google Drive.
- Click the + Button.
- Click Upload or Create a Folder first.
- Choose the file or files to upload.
- Repeat the process with the desired files.
- Open WhatsApp on the phone.
- Click on the three vertical points.
- Enter Settings.
- Click on Chats.
- Enter Backup.
- Click on the Save button.
Photos and videos
- Open Google Photos.
- Click on the top three horizontal stripes.
- Enter Settings.
- Tap Backup and sync.
- Activate the option.
- Select the quality of the photos.
How to download a copy of all your emails in Gmail
Do you want to save your Gmail emails so you don’t lose anything at any time? Find out how you can do it easily.
- Enter this link.
- Go to the Data and personalization section.
- Scroll down to Facts about what you create and do.
- Tap on Gmail.
- Scroll down to the Gmail dropdown box, tap the bottom three dots and tap Download data.
- Select what you want to download.
- Choose the file type and weight.
- Click the Create export button.
- Wait for the file to download.