Although its first presentation was a breath of fresh air, presenting for the first time a Chromium-based variant of Microsoft Edge, and distributed as a manual and standalone download, it didn’t take long for the company to force the transition to its new browser, and even its installation without the permission of the users.
And it is that although many simply opted for, in the same way as with the original Edge, simply ignore its existence, the dissatisfaction of Edge users was added by the arrival of the first controversies about the illegal collection of our data.
However, many will have already realized that uninstalling Microsoft Edge is not an easy process, since in fact the system does not let you uninstall this browser from the Applications menu and Windows features, but does this mean that we cannot remove it? Fortunately, there are other methods to force the deletion of this program, although Microsoft will make us go through a somewhat more complex process. That is why we have decided to dedicate this tutorial to review, point by point, all the steps and actions that we must carry out. to uninstall Microsoft Edge permanently from our computer.
How to uninstall Microsoft Edge
- Open command console, now also known as “Command Prompt”. For this we will only have to look for “CMD” in the Windows search engine and, since we want to ensure that we overcome this small Microsoft block, open it under the administrator account privileges by right-clicking and selecting the “Run as administrator” option.
- Then we will copy and paste the following command, “Cd‘ C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Edge Application 83.0.478.58 Installer ‘”, and we will execute it by pressing the Enter key.
- Again we will copy and paste the following command “Setup.exe –uninstall –system-level –verbose-logging –force-uninstall”, which will run automatically.
- By last, we will accept the permissions for running the installation application (this time intended for the opposite action).
- Additionally, although the browser will already have disappeared from our computer, once the command console is closed we will be able to access the path «C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft » to finish delete the “Edge” folder, and thus remove the last trace of the web browser.