If Steam stops working or stops in the middle of the game, the Steam servers are probably down. Here you can see how you check the status of the Steam servers.
When the Steam server is down, others cannot access Steam either. But first check whether your internet works, for example by opening any website in the browser.
Steam server down? That’s how you find out
- Opens the steamstat.us website.
- On the right you can see the German Steam server and its status.
- A problem is identified with red text.
- If everything is written in green, everything is fine.
- Opens the website allestault.de.
- You can see current and past Steam malfunctions using the diagram below.
- On the live map below you can also see in which region the Steam problems are occurring.
Steam server offline for maintenance
If the Steam servers need to be serviced, you will be informed beforehand with a Steam message. You may have just ignored, forgotten or suppressed this message.
Steam server with connection problems
From time to time, connection problems can arise if many people download a certain game at the same time or meet in multiplayer for a certain game. Then Steam servers can be overloaded until the server load has been distributed differently or fewer people play along.
In recent years, Steam itself has been relatively rare. Popular online multiplayer games are more likely to experience connection problems.