THQ Nordiq announced today that a remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, called Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, is actually a reality after a mistake for the game popup was accidentally released in the Microsoft Store last month, as planned. The Publisher indicated so much in early June.
The day of billing is coming!
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is expected to be released on September 8, 2020 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and features stunning graphics, refined gameplay and all new content!
– Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (@ReckoningGame) July 7, 2020
In addition, THQ Nordiq announced that the game will be released on September 8, 2020 for PC (Microsoft Store and Steam), PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Although August was originally marked as the likely release window in the Microsoft Store list, the release was postponed to early September for a few weeks. In addition to an official website for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, there is now a brand new steam list.
THQ Nordiq has promised a remaster with all the bells and whistles, including improved graphics, native 4K support, refined gameplay, all DLCs from the original version and even brand new content. THQ Nordiq plans to release an extension called Fatesworn sometime in 2021 after its release.
THQ Nordiq describes the following:
The hit role-playing game is back! From the heads of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, spawn creator Todd McFarlane and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion chief designer Ken Rolston join Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning graphics and nifty gameplay, re-reckoning offers an intense, customizable RPG battle in a sprawling game world.
Discover the secrets of Amalur, from the pulsating city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the dark dungeons of Brigand Hall Caverns. Save a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior to ever rise from the hands of death.
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat and choose from countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and armor pieces.
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously adapt your character class to your playing style.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you battle large enemies in large combat sequences, ending them with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Expand your Amalur experience with all DLCs from the original version, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG are waiting for you! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast Dalentarth region and the dark dungeons of Brigand Hall Caverns while discovering the secrets of Amalur!
- Discover deep lore in a universe of 10,000 years of fiction, published by the New York Times bestselling author, R.A. Salvatore.
- Save a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior to ever rise from the hands of death.
- Discover a vast game world where “deserves more content than any single player game”!
- Enjoy countless side quests that are rich in political intrigue, romance, dark magic and even mood – all central to the main mission.
- Improved graphical fidelity when re-billing. “
Two issues will be available at launch. There is a Standard Edition that costs £ 34.99 / € 39.99 / $ 39.99 and a Fate Edition that costs £ 47.99 / € 54.99 / $ 54.99 and that Fatesworn- Includes expansion in a season pass deal. Finally, we have the Collector’s Edition, which gives you £ 99.00 / € 109.99 (not a word yet at a US price) and the game itself, an 8-inch Alyn Shir figure, an Amalur keychain, original in- Game artwork and soundtrack all packed in Collector’s Box. All three editions are available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
THQ Nordiq has released a new trailer. Unfortunately, it’s a cinematic affair, and we still have to see Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning in action. There is also a trailer for the Collector’s Edition.