Today Marantz presents the new 8K Ultra HD AV slimline receiver NR 1711. Despite its slim design, the model should offer the latest technologies for the listening experience.
Marantz promises a realistic cinema experience for all film fans. The NR 1711 is intended to support multi-dimensional audio formats such as Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization or DTS: X. The Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization technology and DTS Virtual: X are intended to give users a 3D listening experience without special height or surround speakers.
In addition, the receiver should have six HDMI inputs and an output for different sources. All HDMi inputs support 8K upscaling, Dolby Vision, HLG, Dynamic HDR, HDR10 + or 4: 4: 4 Pure Color Sub-Sampling, as the company announces. In addition, users should be able to enjoy 5.1-channel surround sound in the home theater and the same sound in stereo or a separate source in another room. For example, music can be streamed via Bluetooth using Bluetooth headphones.
In September, the device will be available from authorized Marantz dealers in black and silver-gold for 699 euros.
The most important features of Marantz at a glance:
- 8K / 60Hz full-rate passthrough or upscaling as well as HDR10 +, Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS)
- Discrete 7-channel power amplifier with 90W per channel
- Support of the latest video formats including HDR10, HDR10 +, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4: 4: 4 color resolution and BT.2020 as well as Dynamic HDR
- Improved gaming experiences thanks to 4K / 120Hz pass-through, variable refresh rate (VRR), auto low latency mode (ALLM) and quick frame transport (QFT)
- Transmission of uncompressed and object-based audio formats directly from the television to the AV receiver via an HDMI cable using the Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- Simple, precise setup for excellent audio quality thanks to Audyssey MultEQ
- “Roon Tested” certification for optimal use of music libraries with searchable and navigable information about artists and songs
- 32-bit D / A converter of the reference class from AKM on all channels for best quality and highest dynamics with minimal distortion
- HEOS built-in for multi-room streaming, music streaming and voice control
- Support of popular streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music HD, Deezer, TIDAL and many others via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app
- Support for the voice assistants Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Apple Siri
- High-res playback thanks to decoding of the lossless formats ALAC, FLAC and WAV up to 24 bit / 192 kHz
- Storage of two Audyssey configurations, between which you can switch directly
- Integrated phono input
- Integrated WLAN with 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz dual-band support (dual antenna)
- Marantz AVR remote app for iOS and Android
- Two subwoofer outputs