3sat has it all: with documentaries about the Wacken Festival and the first broadcast of “30 Years of British Steel – Live in Hollywood”. The old masters of Judas Priest are also there.
Even if “Wacken”, as the event, which is one of the largest metal festivals in the world, is abbreviated, cannot take place this year due to the corona, metal-enthusiastic festival goers will get their money’s worth on TV and online this year. In addition to MagentaTV, 3sat has also announced a (Wacken replacement) special program.
In the week in which the metal fans would traditionally celebrate in the fields in Wacken, 3sat shows the concerts “30 Years of British Steel – Live in Hollywood” by Judas Priest and “Day of the Gusano” by the band “Slipknot” for the first time on German TV. Both would have been headlining in Wacken this year. There are also two documentaries about the world’s largest heavy metal festival.
Also on the program: concerts by Sepultura, Korn and Metallica. With the exception of Metallica, all concerts are available online from July 26th at 3sat.de and ZDFkultur, the TV program starts on Monday July 27th and ends with a concert evening on Saturday August 1st at 8:15 pm.
So hard-boiled festival goers can start building the tent in the garden. Here is an overview of the 3sat program:
Monday July 27th
- 0.45 a.m .: Wacken – the film. Louder than Hell, documentary by Norbert Heitker, Germany 2014
- 2.15 a.m .: Metallica: S&M, The Berkeley Community Theater, Berkeley (USA), 1999
Saturday, August 1st:
- 8:15 p.m .: Judas Priest: 30 Years of British Steel – Live in Hollywood, The Seminole Hard Rock Arena, Hollywood, Florida, USA, 2009 (first broadcast)
- 9.30 p.m .: Korn: Live at Montreux, Auditorium Stravinski, Montreux, Switzerland 2004 (first broadcast)
- 10.30 p.m .: Slipknot: Day of the Gusano Centro Dinámico Pegaso, Toluca, Mexico, 2015 (first broadcast)
- 11.45 p.m .: Sepultura & Les Tambours du Bronx: Alive at Rock in Rio Cidade do Rock, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2013 (first broadcast)
- 1.30 a.m .: Wacken – the film. Louder than Hell documentary by Norbert Heitker, Germany 2014
- 2.55 a.m .: Full Metal Village documentary by Sung-Hyung Cho, Germany 2007
- Concert1: © DWP – stock.adobe.com