Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on August 18, Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio announced today. The latest version of the legendary 38-year-old flight simulation franchise lands on Windows 10 and on the first day via Xbox Game Pass for PC. Pre-orders for those who want to deposit their money early are already in operation.
According to the press release, Microsoft Flight Simulator offers the following functions:
”- Vibrant and detailed landscapes – Immerse yourself in the wide and beautiful world of our planet with more than 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and much more.
– A living world – Earth is alive and constantly changing, as is the Microsoft Flight Simulator world, which includes live traffic, real-time weather, and animals.
– Highly Detailed Aircraft – Improve your piloting skills in a variety of aircraft, from light aircraft to commercial aircraft, with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft has very detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.
– New checklist system – Scale your level from professional to beginner from full manual to full support with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist.
– Dynamic Weather – With the new weather engine, users can turn on live weather mode to experience real-time weather, including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain, and more.
– New day and night plane – Experience the flight at any time of the day and season, taking into account night VFR, visual flight rules and navigation.
Aerodynamic Modeling – A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per level enables a truly realistic experience. “
Microsoft Flight Simulator is delivered in three editions. The Standard Edition, priced at $ 59.99, offers 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 handcrafted airports. The Deluxe Edition extends the offering with five additional planes and five additional airports for $ 89.99. Finally, the Premium Deluxe Edition offers ten additional aircraft and airports in addition to the other two editions for a total of 30 aircraft and 40 airports. This will reset you $ 119.99.
There are also upgrade paths for Standard Edition owners through a Flight Simulator Deluxe upgrade and a Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe upgrade. Each offers the same selection of high-precision aircraft with unique flight models and handcrafted international airports, as described in the respective full versions. These upgrades are also available to GamePass subscribers who want to take advantage of the additional content. Not a word yet about a price for both upgrades.
Interestingly, no Steam list is mentioned in the announcement, which contradicts Microsoft’s goal of offering gamers a wider choice when buying Xbox Game Studios titles. In May, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said:
“We know that millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great resource for buying PC games, and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers want to choose.” We also know there are other stores on the PC, and we’re working to add more choices to the store in the future where you can find our Xbox Game Studios titles. “
Finally, a physical version for retail discs will be introduced in Europe through the retailer Aerosoft. Not yet a word on the details of this issue.