With the announcement of the series and movies that premiere in August on Movistar we are completing the list of news from the different streaming platforms. HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney + … there are more and more options, although it is also true that the market is losing ground along the way. In the case of Sky, the platform will say goodbye to Spain in late August.
New Movistar + series for August 2020
On August 4, crime reaches # 0 on Movistar + with the premiere of ‘Vienna Blood’. Every Tuesday we will be able to see two premiere episodes at 10:00 pm on # 0 (dial 7) and they will also be available on the on-demand service of Movistar +. This is a series set in secessionist Vienna and based on Frank Tallis’ novels and created and written by Steve Thompson, scriptwriter for ‘Sherlock’ and ‘Doctor Who’.
Another novelty comes to us with ‘Talking heads’A Movistar Seriesmanía in which a cast of luxury with Jodie Comer, Imelda Staunton, Martin Freeman or Kristin Scott Thomas stands out… up to a total of 12 first-rate interpreters who star in this exceptional proposal. Basically, they are a series of monologues, filmed in extraordinary circumstances during confinement, which delve into the lives of various everyday characters from the privacy of their homes.
August 10 is the turn for the miniseries Woodpecker (The Good Lord Bird) with Ethan Hawke among other actors. In this case, it tells the story of abolitionist John Brown, a young slave who becomes a member of the diverse Brown family who fight against slavery in Kansas. It can be seen on Movistar + from August 10.
Cinema premiere on Movistar + in August 2020
The Movistar Estrenos channel will offer us this list of films During the month of August 2020:
- Birds of prey and Harley Quinn’s fantastical emancipation. From Friday 28.
- Charlie’s Angels. From Friday 7.
- My God, but what have we done to you … now? From Friday 21.
- Doctor Dream. From Friday 14.
- The great lie. From Saturday 15.
- The officer and the spy. From Sunday 2.
- From Monday 24.
- Since Saturday 29.
- From Saturday 22.
- We can only dance. From Monday 10.
We also have the usual dose of unpublished cinema in Movistar Estrenos (dial 30) or Movistar CineDoc & Roll (dial 31):
- Ip Man 4: the end. Since Sunday 23.
- Jones. From Monday 3.
- A piece of my heart. Since Wednesday 19.
- Checkered ninja. From Thursday 6
- The Windermere Children. From Thursday 13
- From Tuesday 25
- Terminal Sud. From Tuesday 18)