As part of the so-called RTX SUPER GAMING SUMMER (yes, all caps), MSI distributes steam wallet codes up to a value of $ 60 to anyone who buys an eligible MSI GeForce RTX SUPER GPU.
Here is a breakdown of the eligible MSI GeForce RTX SUPER cards, their specifications and the associated Steam Wallet reward.
- GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER ™ GAMING (8 GB GDDR6, 1695 MHz core clock speed, 14 Gbit / s memory speed, 2176 cores) – $ 20 Steam Wallet Code
- GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER ™ GAMING X (8 GB GDDR6, 1650 Boost Core clock speed, 14 Gbit / s memory speed, 2176 cores) – $ 20 Steam Wallet Code
- GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER ™ GAMING X (8 GB GDDR6, 1800 MHz boost core clock speed, 14 Gbit / s memory speed, 2560 cores) – $ 40 Steam Wallet Code
- GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER ™ GAME TRIO (8GB GDDR6, 1770MHz Boost Core Clock Speed, 14Gbps, 2560 Cores) – $ 40 Steam Wallet Code
- GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER ™ GAMING X TRIO (8 GB GDDR6, 1800 MHz boost core clock speed, 14 Gbit / s, 2560 cores) – $ 40 Steam Wallet Code
- GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER ™ GAME TRIO (8GB GDDR6, 1815MHz Boost Core Clock Rate, 15.5Gbps Memory Speed, 3072 Cores) – $ 60 Steam Wallet Code
- GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER ™ GAMING X TRIO (8 GB GDDR6, 1845 MHz boost core clock speed, 15.5 Gbit / s memory speed, 3072 cores) – $ 60 Steam Wallet Code
The offer runs from today July 17th to August 3rd. We’ve gone through the fine print and there don’t seem to be any rules on where to buy the GPU as long as it’s brand new from “participating MSI partners” and was purchased in a suitable region. These are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Iceland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Turkey and Russia.
It takes a bit of hoop jumping to get the wallet credit, but nothing too time consuming. You have to register the new GPU here on the product registration page of the MSI Member Center and upload your invoice and a section of the serial number of the GPU. You will then receive the Steam Wallet Code, which you can redeem on your Steam account. According to the MSI, the review can take up to 14 working days.
If you’re in the market for a CPU, AMD does a similar “raise the game” deal, except that the chip giant is spending Assassins Creed Valhalla on qualified Ryzen 3000 series CPUs instead of cash for buying games. The offer includes the recently discounted Ryzen 9 3900 X as well as the Ryzen 9 3950X, the Ryzen 9 3900 XT, the Ryzen 7 3800 XT, the Ryzen 7 3800 X and the Ryzen 7 3700 X. AMD plans to release game codes for Ubisoft’s action RPG shipping starts on November 17th.
At Ubisoft Forward last weekend, the publisher gave a deep look at the features and gameplay that define this latest version of the long-standing Assassin’s Creed franchise. There is a stylized trailer for gameplay overview and half an hour of raw gameplay material with comments.