The company that Pete Lau runs has presented the OnePlus Nord, a smartphone with which they point directly to the mid-range, and more specifically to premium sector, a level that is not new, but which has experienced a significant boom thanks to the Snapdragon 765G SoC, a chip that presents a good balance in value for money, and which is accompanied by a 5G modem last generation.
We start, as always, outside the terminal. The OnePlus Nord presents a finished all flat screen, with very contained edges and a dual camera configuration, integrated into a small “floating” space. This avoids having to resort to the classic top notch, giving it a cleaner and more attractive appearance.
At the back we have a configuration of four cameras with a vertical distribution. The island on which they sit protrudes a bit from the chassis, but it is not as massive as the variants we have seen in other terminals. Regarding the design, the OnePlus Nord maintains a rounded line with classic tints, and without excesses.
We do not have confirmation of the materials used in the construction of this smartphone, but in principle everything seems to indicate that the OnePlus Nord it is made of metal and glass, a finish typical of much more expensive terminals. We have already seen all its keys at the design and construction level, so we are ready to delve into its interior.
OnePlus Nord Specifications
- Measurements: 158.3 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm.
- Weight: 184 grams.
- Colors: Blue Marble and Gray Onyx.
- Operating system: Android 10 customized with the OxygenOS 10.5 layer.
- Snapdragon 765G SoC with eight-core CPU (one Kryo 475 Prime 2.4GHz core, one Kryo 475 Gold 2.2GHz core and six Kryo 475 Silver 1.8GHz cores).
- Adreno 620 GPU.
- 8GB-12GB LPDDR4X.
- 128GB-256GB of UFS 2.1 storage capacity.
- Integrated fingerprint reader on the screen.
- 6.44-inch screen with a FluidAMOLED type panel at 90 Hz. Resolution of 2,400 x 1,080 pixels.
- 5G connectivity with a maximum download speed of 3.38 Gbps.
- Wi-Fi AC, NFC and Bluetooth 5.1.
- Four rear cameras of 48 MP (main), 8 MP (wide angle), 2 MP (macro) and 5 MP (depth sensor).
- Dual 32 MP (main) and 8 MP (wide angle) front camera.
- 4,115 mAh battery with fast charge.
OnePlus Nord price and availability
The OnePlus Nord will be available from August 4 through the OnePlus official website with a price of:
- 399 euros the version with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage capacity.
- 499 euros the version with 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage capacity.
OnePlus Buds, your first wireless headphones
Along with OnePlus Nord, the Chinese company has presented the OnePlus Buds, your first wireless headphones. As we can see in the attached image, they have a very careful design and offer total freedom of movement, thanks to their wireless design.
OnePlus has taken care of both design and build quality to deliver world-class sound, while still maintaining a contained price. These new headphones have WarpCharge technology, which allows to achieve, with a simple charge of 10 minutes in the case, enjoy autonomy of up to 10 hours. The total autonomy that we can achieve with the case is 30 hours.
The OnePlus Buds also come with three built-in microphones in each earpiece that help reduce ambient noise and offer a high voice quality when making calls. They support Bass Boost and Dolby Atmos, and use low-latency pairing technology that allows the headphones to connect to any compatible device quickly and easily.
These headphones use a very comfortable “half-in-ear” design that allows them to be used for hours without feeling the least bit annoying. They are IPX4 certified, which means they are resistant to splashing water, and will be available in three colors: white, gray and blue. They will be available for booking from today starting at 5:00 p.m. with a price of 89 euros.