Although the pioneering Battle Royale shooter PUBG no longer steals the headlines, it continues to tick. Today, PUBG Season 8 was launched worldwide on the PC and, in addition to a new season and the Survivor Pass, led to some seismic changes to the Sanhok map, which is preferred by fans.
PUBG Corp has put together a teaser trailer that shows what’s in season 8. Not surprisingly, the revamped Sanhok takes center stage when hooded figures descend on its ancient temples and copper-red canyons. As of a press release released on the occasion of the event, mysterious events have occurred in Sanhok and we would bet this cloaked heap known as Sanhok 4 may have something to do with it.
“Rumor has it that there was an unprecedented incident on Sanhok. What exactly happened is not entirely known, but the new Sanhok could give some clues. “
PUBG Corp has redesigned Sanhok from the ground up, introducing a variety of new locations, revised favorites, and a more general visual face lift. The idea is that the map looks better and works better as an overgrown paradise of the Heart of Darkness style.
“We focused heavily on getting Sanhok to the upper levels of our map images, but we also addressed some of your longstanding concerns about the location, topography and vulnerabilities of the island. We are proud of what we came up with and look forward to hearing what you think! “
Other notable changes include the introduction of tanker, automated, self-propelled loot vehicles that circle the map. As the players attack, these “heavily armed pinata” drop various loot boxes, while wiping the trucks off the edge of the map grants a cache of fully customized weapons. At the start of each game, four loot wagons appear, which reappear when destroyed, which may correspond to a total of eight trucks.
With the new Survivor Pass: Payback, players can look forward to unlocking just under 100 skins. PUBG Corp has increased XP players who can earn through gameplay and survival time in each game, which should make it easier to fly through pass levels.
Updating the leaderboard mode will not only reset ranks and leaderboards, but also realign some of the game modes and the map pool. Vikendi is now primarily part of the leaderboard card pool. Ranking points take team placement into account instead of individual placement. There is now a bonus RP for knocking down enemy players higher than five divisions. Players now need a level 40 survival mastery to qualify for leaderboard mode.
In season 8, some minor changes are made to the mode’s rule set and weapon / vehicle spawns:
- “Vikendi is now playable in leaderboard mode.
– Vikendi’s blue zone has been adjusted to get closer alignment with circles in leaderboard mode.
– The red zone is deactivated in the ranking.
- Item spawns
– M249 and DBS are now world spawns in small numbers.
– Mosin-Nagant is now created on Erangel and Vikendi.
– A small amount of crossbows now appear in the world.
– Vehicles can now appear in Esports’ hard spawn locations.
– In ranking mode, however, there is no 100% chance that they will appear in these locations.
– Motor gliders now appear in the leaderboard.
– Motor glider is only produced on Erangel and Miramar.
– The motor glider has a small amount of fuel in the tank when spawning.
- Flare gun
– You can no longer call the BRDM-2 with a flare gun.
– It turned out to be a little more powerful than we expected. “
A breakdown of all additions and changes can be found here in the full patch notes.
Although PUBG Season 8 is live for PC, console gamers have to hold on until July 30th.