In February of this year Samsung presented his second folding phone, the Galaxy Z Flip officially. A phone with a different design than the Fold and that became an object of desire in Spain, since it left with very good feelings. For weeks, there was talk that the firm would launch a 5G version of the phone, something that has become a reality today. The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is now official.
This new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G maintains the design of the model that was presented in February. The brand simply introduces a new processor to the phone, giving it 5G connectivity. In addition to correcting some aspects on the phone, for a better experience of use.
Review Samsung Galaxy Z Flip: a mobile that falls in love
We have been able to use the new folding mobile, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, a terminal that offers something that no other Android smartphone has.
For this new Galaxy Z Flip 5G, the brand has used Snapdragon 865+ as a processor. It is the most powerful processor on the market, which we have seen these weeks on a couple of gaming phones. Thanks to it, this Samsung folding will give great performance and thus get 5G connectivity, which is another of its attractions as well.
Samsung has also made some changes to the phone, as an improved Flex Mode when using multitasking. The camera has also been updated, with a feature that allows you to change where on the screen the viewfinder is. In addition to having a new function to open several applications instantly during said multitasking, so it will be easier this way.
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G also comes in new colors, which had been rumored for a few weeks. Samsung introduces a new gray color (Mystic Gray) and a bronze / rose gold tone (Mystic Bronze). So the appearance of the phone happens to be something different in this case with these new colors.
Technical specifications Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Foldable Dynamic AMOLED technology.
- FHD + resolution (2636 x 1080 pixels).
- 6.7 inches.
- External 1.06-inch AMOLED screen with 116 x 300 pixel resolution.
- 10 Mpx main with f / 2.4 aperture.
- 12 Mpx main camera, autofocus and optical stabilizer with f / 1.8.
- 12 Mpx wide-angle camera with f / 2.2.
- 4K recording, with options at 60 fps and HDR10 +.
- Charging port (15 W) and data (USB 3.1) with USB-C connector.
- Qi charging area at the rear:
- Able to charge the mobile at 15 W.
- Ethernet support with a USB-C adapter and WiFi a / b / g / n / ac / ax (Wi-Fi 4/5/6). Wi-Fi Direct. ANT +. NFC. Bluetooth 5.0.
- Gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity, RGB ambient light, barometer, compass and magnetic field.
- 3300 mAh with 25 W fast charge and wireless charging.
- Fingerprint reader on the side.
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0.
- Size and weight
- Unfolded: 167.9 x 73.6 x 7.2mm.
- Folded: 87.4 x 73.6 x 17.3 mm.
- 183 g.
Price and availability
The Galaxy Z Flip 5G will go on sale on August 7 In the United States, although it is to be expected that it will soon be launched in the rest of the world as well. The price it will have in Spain is not yet known, although in the United States it will cost $ 1,499. You will be able to buy in bronze and gray colors, the new colors that the brand has presented.