Your Xiaomi mobile phone camera hides some secrets: this is how you can find them.
We have already seen how to access the hidden CIT menu of your Xiaomi mobile to solve errors and problems. What not everyone knows is that the brand’s terminals hide even more secret menus, which can be used to access and activate hidden camera functions from Xiaomi phones.
As explained on XiaomiToday, no need for advanced permissions to be able to access the hidden functions of the camera of your Xiaomi. In fact, the process to activate these functions is very simple, and anyone can carry it out.
Activate the experimental functions on the camera of your Xiaomi before anyone else
Before starting, it is necessary to take into account that, if Xiaomi has decided to keep these functions hidden, there is a good reason for this. Some of them are likely don’t work as expected because they are still in the development phase, or because they are not compatible with all models. However, others may be of some use such as option to completely disable beauty mode from the camera, or enable parallel processing to speed up saving images from when the capture button is pressed.
That said, the process for being able access the hidden options menu In the MIUI chamber, the steps to follow are the following:
Open the file manager included in MIUI. If you have an Android One mobile like the Xiaomi Mi A3, you can use Files from Google or any other file explorer for Android.
Go to the “DCIM” folder, and from there to the “Camera” folder.
Pull down the browser options menu to create a new folder or empty file, and give it the following name: lab_options_visible
With these simple steps, you will have already enabled the experimental options menu. Now you just have to access it. To do it, you only need open the camera app and tap on the gear icon from the top left, thus opening the camera settings menu. Once inside, tap on “Additional Settings”To enter a menu full of hidden functions and experimental that you can enable or disable. As indicated in the brand’s official forum, although the list varies with each MIUI update, among the options included we can find the following:
- Internal magic tools: internal use tools to optimize image quality
- Face detection– The camera can detect the face and frame it in a box. This option is disabled by default
- Hide face detection frame automatically: hides the box that appears when activating the previous option, but allows the camera to continue detecting the face
- Beautify in Portait mode: Activate beauty mode when using portrait mode
- Turn on dual camera– Lets you use the dual camera when taking photos
- Turn on MFNR: multi-frame noise reduction. With this function activated, the device will take six different captures when taking a photo to superimpose them and reduce the noise of the images
- Turn on SR: super resolution mode
- Turn on parallel processing: parallel processing to speed up image and video processing
In case you want hide this settings menu, you will only have to access the file explorer again, and delete previously created folder. Remember to activate or deactivate any function that you have modified before deleting the folder, or else you will have to re-create it in order to make any changes.
The best cheats for Android are on Andro4all, discover more cheats in our special section!