The company of the wings has launched the Moto G 5G Plus, a smartphone that targets the mid-range and that tries optimize its price-performance value, something that a priori seems quite complicated, since it integrates 5G connectivity, a standard that represents a significant extra cost in any smartphone, and the mid-range is no exception.
As we can see in the attached images, the Moto G 5G Plus has a current design, but without great fanfare. On the front we find a completely flat screen finish, narrow edges and a dual chamber configuration integrated into two small circular spaces or “islands”. At the back we have a configuration of four cameras, located on a square island that maintains the same color as the terminal’s chassis, something that helps maintain a cleaner and more unified design.
Regarding the quality of construction we find a plastic finish, although the front is protected with Gorilla Glass. This combination of materials is perfectly understandable, since using metal and glass would have significantly increased the price of sale of the Moto G 5G Plus.
Specifications, price and availability of the Moto G 5G Plus
- 6.7-inch screen with a resolution of 2,520 x 1,080 pixels, 90 Hz and HDR10.
- Snapdragon 765G SoC with eight-core CPU (one 2.4 GHz core, 2.2 GHz core and six 1.8 GHz cores).
- Adreno 620 GPU.
- 4GB-6GB of RAM.
- 64GB-128GB of storage capacity.
- Four rear cameras: 48MP main, 8MP wide angle, 5MP macro and 2MP depth sensor.
- Dual front camera: main 16 MP and wide angle 8 MP.
- 5,000 mAh battery with quick recharge.
- Fingerprint reader on the side.
- Android 10 as operating system.
- Integrated 5G connectivity.
- Measurements: 168 x 74 x 9 mm.
- Weight: 207 grams.
Motorola has confirmed that the Moto G 5G Plus will be available from July 8 with a price of 349 euros in the version with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage capacity. The version with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage capacity will cost 399 euros.
The truth is that they are quite reasonable figures, especially taking into account what it offers and what we can currently find in the mid-range terminal market with 5G connectivity. At the moment Motorola has only confirmed the Moto G 5G Plus in blue, and I have not seen images of another color.