The Google Play Store is essential on all Android phones. It is the door for us to download millions of games and applications on our Android phone in Spain in a simple way. Although it is much more than that, because it has many functions, which we may not always take advantage of on the phone, which is undoubtedly something that we must change.
There are a number of tips and tricks with which be able to make good use of the Play Store on Android. Since the application store is much more than a store, allowing us to manage our applications in a simple way, for example. So you can take advantage of it.
How to buy applications and games on Google Play without making mistakes
If you have doubts about whether it is worth buying applications on Google Play, keep in mind some tips to avoid making mistakes with these purchases.
Check which apps you use more or less
With the passage of time you will accumulate many applications on your Android phone, some of which you will use little, so when it comes to removing applications from the mobile it is convenient know which ones you use the least. If there are applications that you hardly use, it is not worth taking up space on your phone. In the Play Store you can see what applications you use more or less, in order to make these decisions. It can be seen like this:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Click on the top three horizontal stripes.
- Enter My apps and games.
- Click on the Installed tab.
- Click on the Last update option, to choose the order in which they are displayed.
- Choose Last Use.
- See which apps you have used most recently or which ones have not been used much.
Report malicious apps
Occasionally malicious or dangerous applications sneak into the Play Store, which millions of users end up downloading on their Android phones. You may have been one of the victims or you may have seen an application that is suspicious or potentially dangerous, such as the clone of a known application. Therefore, the store allows us to report malicious applications, in a simple way, which we already tell you about. Just follow these steps:
- Open Google Play on your Android phone.
- Enter the tab of the application or game you want to report.
- Click on the three vertical points.
- Tap the “Mark as inappropriate” option.
- Choose one of the options from the list that Google provides to establish the problem with that app.
- Press send.
What to do if the Google Play Store does not open on your phone
If the Google Play Store doesn’t open on your Android phone, you can try one of the following solutions to make it open again.
Set a purchasing budget
Although most of the apps in the Play Store are free to download, there are many paid ones. Many users will buy apps from their account, thus spending your money on them. To avoid spending too much, the store has the possibility of establishing a purchase budget, so that we put a maximum of money that we are going to spend every month on purchases in the store. This is a good way to be efficient when buying applications and not make mistakes. The steps to establish a budget are as follows:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Click on the three horizontal stripes at the top left of the screen and open the side menu.
- Sign in Account.
- Go to the purchase history tab.
- Click the Specify budget button.
- Set the maximum amount that can be spent in that month.
- Click save.
Get refunds on your purchases
When you buy an app, you might buy one that doesn’t convince you. You thought that game or application would be useful or otherwise, but it has been a disappointment. If this has happened to you, in the Play Store you have the possibility of getting a refund In your purchases, you can even use Google Assistant for it. Although when getting a refund you have to take certain aspects into account.
We have to be quick when we want a refund on the Play Store, ideally within 48 hours after purchasing said application or game. Although the ideal is two hours, since this supposes that we get the money back immediately. If more time has passed, it may take longer or Google may fault us, as we already told you. The steps to get a refund are:
- Open the Play Store on the phone.
- Enter the profile of the app.
- Tap Refund (this option is active the first two hours after buying it).
- If more than two hours have passed, go to your Applications.
- Find that app in the list.
- Tap Get refund.
What requirements does an app have to meet to be in the Play Store
The Play Store has millions of applications available, which have to meet certain requirements to be published on it.
Adapt the Play Store to children
If you have children, the Play Store may be the door to games and applications that are not appropriate for their age. Therefore, having parental control is a good help, so that they only see content that is appropriate for their age. This is already a first step in making the store more child-friendly, but there is more.
Since you also have to prevent children from shopping, we can establish the option that we are asked to identify ourselves when making purchases, such as using the fingerprint. This will serve to prevent children from making purchases without our permission, preventing them from spending money. This option is in the available Google Play settings.
Use categories to discover apps
There are millions of applications within the Play Store, so it is sometimes difficult to discover new applications that may be interesting to us. Fortunately, the contents in the store are divided into categories, which makes it much easier to find something we like or were looking for. Using these categories will allow you to take advantage of the store on our phone. They can be used in this way:
- Open the Play Store.
- Slide the upper tabs next to For you.
- Go to the Categories tab.
- Scroll down to see the categories there are.
- Enter the desired category.
- Search for the app to download.
Manage your subscriptions
There are applications for which we subscribe to a service, think of Spotify, Netflix or other applications for which we pay an amount of money every month. In the Play Store itself you can see them all, so you know which ones you have active at that moment, in case there are any that you want to cancel or simply to control this. It can be seen as follows:
- Open Google Play.
- Slide the side menu of the store.
- Enter Subscriptions.
- Check which ones are active.
- Cancel the ones you don’t want to use.