We’ll show you here on GIGA how you can top up your balance on Steam and have it paid out again.
In addition to PayPal, you can also pay on Steam with so-called Steam credit. This can be charged as follows.
Top up Steam credit online
- Open this Steam website.
- Select the amount of money you want as Buy credit would like (5, 10, 25, 50 or 100 euros).
- Report to yours Steam login if not already done.
- Now choose the Payment method from (PayPal, GiroPay, Sofortüberweisung, Paysafecard, Visa, MasterCard, …).
- Confirms the operation.
Here we clarify whether you can get Steam credit for free.
Show credit: Click on your profile name in the top right corner of the Steam client and select “Show credit” out. Alternatively, you can also buy new credit there.
Top up Steam credit with a prepaid card
If you have received a Steam prepaid card that can be bought in supermarkets such as Rewe, Lidl and Penny, for example, you can redeem it as follows to add the amount to your Steam credit:
- In the Steam client click on the menu “Games“>”Redeem a Steam voucher code“.
- Enter the code from the prepaid card in the field and click on “Further“.
- Follow the further instructions.
The best games for home:
Withdraw Steam credits
You can actually use your Steam balance Not again via PayPal or other payment methods do not have them paid back to your bank account. But with a little detour it works as follows:
- Offers a friend who wants to buy a Steam game to buy the game with your credit “as a gift”.
- Your friend then simply gives you the money for the game and you send the game gift to him in Steam.
So you buy the game for your friend and he gives you the money for it. This is how you reduce your Steam balance and basically convert it back into cash. We are not yet aware of any other method to bring Steam credit back to a bank account.
If you know more, please write us in the comments below these instructions.