Today I’m going to walk you through the step-by-step guide to install Shadow Kodi addon in 2020. That is easy install Shadow add-on on Kodi from Magnetic of The Crew Repository. This is a relatively new movie / TV show add-on that will be available in 2020 and is also compatible with Kodi Leia 18.5. The latest version of Shadow Kodi add-on v.2.1.8 comes with some major fixes and upgrades.
The Shadow Kodi Addon
Shadow is a popular movie / TV add-on that you can install on Kodi Leia 18.5 and earlier builds. The latest update, version 2.1.8 is largely bug free and works smoothly compared to the previous version. You can use The Crew Repo or Magnetic Repo Install Shadow Kodi addon in 2020.
Shadow is a fast Kodi add-on and the user interface is simple. It is compatible with Trakt and lets you stream high quality resolution. The links are more stable with the latest version.
Advantages of installing Shadow Kodi Addon
- One-Click & Play
- Keeps history of previous streams
- Continue streaming from where you left off last time
- Compatible with Trakt
- Cached torrents
- All Debrid platforms are supported
Disadvantages of Shadow Kodi Addon
- Requires Real-Debrid to work
- A third-party add-on from community developers. For safe streaming, you must run the VPN when using the Shadow Kodi addon
Because it is an open source platform, Kodi does not restrict community developers. This is where things get tricky because these developers don’t take responsibility for safe streaming. They use various publicly vulnerable resources and may have access to torrent servers. This is what makes third-party add-ons more vulnerable to accidental violations. Your identity is open to government agencies and ISPs through these untrustworthy servers.
Anonymous streaming is important these days because there are always risk of copyright infringement when using third-party add-ons and streaming apps.
You can stream safely by masking your IP address. The best way is to install and run a premium VPN service.
The VPN we recommend
If you haven’t tried a VPN yet, take a look IPVanish. This is a premium and one of the most reliable VPNs in 2020 for safe streaming. It is not alone lets you use virtual IP addresses from different countries and continents, but it also encrypts all data traveling from your device to various servers on the Internet. The end-to-end encryption ensures that your references and personal information will not be disclosed for anyone. IPVanish has a strict Zero-Log policy which means its premium servers never save or access your browsing history.
Access to the IPVanish premium servers ensures high streaming speed without buffering with no data or bandwidth limit. You can easily stream regionally restricted content by using IP addresses from the most suitable country. IPVanish has servers in all major regions and countries including the United States and the UK.
We managed to get an exclusive 57% of IPVanish.
👍 Save 57% of IPVanish now!
How to install Shadow Kodi Addon in 2020
Since Magnetic and The Crew are third-party repositories, you need to set up Kodi to allow Download files from unknown sources for you install Shadow Kodi add-on.
Enable Download from unknown sources
- Launch Kodi app> Go to Settings (Click Cogwheel icon)
- Go to System> Navigate to add-ons
- The right pane on the screen shows the option Download from unknown sources. Enable this option and press OK to lock settings
Install the repository
You can choose Magnetic or The Crew. In this guide, I use the ULR to Magnetic Repo.
- First enable a good VPN, because it prevents your ISP from blocking the repository and add-on. We recommend the using a good VPN like IPVanish
- Return to Settings> Open File manager> Go to Add sources
- Name the media source (Magnetic) and press OK
- Access Settings and then open the Package installer (add-ons)
- Please select Install from zip file> Find the name of the media source you selected (Magnetic)
- Open Magnetic – 1.0.8.zip
Install Shadow Kodi Addon
- Once Magnetic storage place is installed and without returning, click Install from the repository
- Scroll through the available repositories and select Magnetic storage place
- Click video add-ons> Please select Shadow> Press to install
- Wait for the successfully installed message to appear
- You can find Shadow by returning to Home> Add-ons
Using Shadow Kodi Addon
Once you have started the add-on, you will initially be asked for some information about Trackt that is worth reading. You can configure both Trakt and Real Debrid in the settings section. You may need to re-authorize your device to complete this part of the installation with Trakt and Real Debrid. However, it is quite painless.
Shadow’s home screen is quite simple with two main categories: Movie World and TV World. There is also a search function, but the power of Shadow is seen when you navigate to one of these two main categories as there is a lot under each one. For example, in Movie World you have Theaters, Popular, 3D, Genre and Years to choose from. You have similar choices in TV World, so you’re guaranteed to find something worth watching.
With a Real-Debrid account, the quality of the streams is exceptional and shows can be watched in 4K HD, an experience worth exploring.
The whole process install the Shadow Kodi add-on takes less than 5 minutes. But streaming safely is more important than the quick installation of an add-on.
We hope this guide on installing Shadow Addon has expanded your streaming options on Kodi. Please rate and share this guide with all your friends.