The corona pandemic continues to force the cultural sector to work on a back burner. Larger festivals like Wacken had to be canceled. Others may only take place subject to conditions. ZDF Kultur wants to remedy the situation!
In the ZDF media library, fans of both metal and classical music should get their money’s worth. A total of around 35 hours of metal concerts, metal documentaries and opera performances can be streamed online.
On July 26th, everything about the Wacken Open Air should be on zdfkultur.de. The films “Full Metal Village” and “Wacken – The Film. Louder than Hell ”offer insights into the legendary festival. In addition, the concerts “Guns N ‘Roses: Appetite for Democracy” and “Mettalica: S&M” as well as the documentaries “Black Sabbath – The end of the end” and “God bless Ozyy Osbourne” can be streamed. All concerts should also be shown on 3sat on August 1st from 8:15 p.m. in the linear television program.
As the ZDF announced, during this time everything in the social networks should revolve around metal for a week. For example, the question of what is the “French fork” hand sign or long hair.
In addition to metal, ZDF Kultur also wants to supply all opera fans. At the start of the Salzburg Festival, the broadcaster also shows “La Traviata” from 2005 with Anna Netrebko and Rolando Villazón on August 1st, Mozart’s “Le nozze di Figaro” in the production of Claus Guth from 2006 and “La Bohéme” from 2012 with Anna Netrebko as “Mimi”. Four Verdi operas from the Arena di Verona can also be watched online.
The program at a glance
From Sunday, July 26th in the media libraries of ZDF Kultur and 3sat:
- Judas Priest: 30 Years of British Steel – Live in Hollywood
- Korn: Live at Montreux
- Slipknot: Day of the Gusano
- Sepultura & Les Tambours du Bronx: Alive at Rock in Rio
- Full metal village
- Wacken – the film. Louder than Hell
- Black Sabbath – The end of the end
- God bless Ozzy Osbourne
- Guns N’Roses: Appetite for Democracy (from July 27)
- Metallica: S&M (from July 27th)
From Saturday, August 1st in the ZDF media library:
- Salzburg Festival 2005: “La Traviata”
- Salzburg Festival 2006: “Le nozze di Figaro”
- Salzburg Festival 2012: “La Bohéme”
- Bregenz Festival 2017: “Carmen”
- Anna Netrebko in the Waldbühne (2017)
- Classic gala from Baden-Baden (2016)
In the media libraries of ZDF and 3sat:
- Arena die Verona 2007: “Nabucco”
- Arena di Verona 2012: “Aida”
- Arena di Verona 2014: “Un ballo in maschera”
- Arena di Verona 2019: “Il Trovatore (from August 29)
- wackenfilm: obs / ZDF / Swillus / © ICS Festival Service